Experience our Hangzhou tours
Hangzhou is the picturesque capital of the Zhejiang province, located on China’s east coast and in proximity to Shanghai. For travelers wanting the opportunity to experience all this city has to offer, one of our Hangzhou tours offers the ideal way to see a different side of China.
For millennia favored by locals for its quintessentially Chinese scenery of wispy willows and green mist covered hills, the city’s major landmark, the West Lake makes it a memorable travel destination. Easily reached by train and plane from Shanghai and Suzhou, join us on one of our Hangzhou tours and experience a laidback and unassuming real experience of China.
Hangzhou tours cover the city’s highlights, including West Lake, Feilai Peak, the Grand Canal, Lingyin Temple, and the Chinese tea culture at Meijiawu Tea Village. The surrounding areas of the Wuzhen Water Town, Shanghai, Suzhou, and Huangshan can be integrated with any tour of Hangzhou.
With the unique ability to tailor a custom China tour that includes a visit to Hangzhou, now is the perfect time to connect with one of our experienced travel consultants. We can guide you on the very best way to bring China to life on one of our popular Hangzhou tours.
Of course, the West Lake is a stand out sight on any Hangzhou tour, but we’d love to share other highlights of Hangzhou tours with you. Why not join one of our Hangzhou tours and enjoy these too?
- Workmanship Demonstration Pavilion – Appreciate the chance to peruse this museum of important traditional crafts such as silk weaving, paper cutting, parasols, kite making, scissors, and bamboo paper. Visit as an onlooker or try making something yourself.
- Dadou Historic Block – On your Hangzhou tour step back in history as you delight in this revitalized grand residential area heralding architectural designs from the Ming and Qing dynasties. Take a peek into Chinese medicine culture and ceramic making or try the wares at the number of restaurants, cafes, gift shops and museums – such as the umbrella museum – to uncover more of China’s past.
- West Lake – The picturesque symbol of Hangzhou, the man-made West Lake, can be enjoyed from the water when you board an ornate boat to cruise the lake in its picture-perfect setting of gardens, willows, bridges and mountains while listening to the local legends.
- Lingyin Temple – One of the wealthiest temples in China, this monastery features numerous pagodas, grottoes and religious carvings, many dating back to an era of prosperity over a thousand years ago, when thousands of monks resided there.
- Xizha Scenic Area – Preservation of Ming and Qing architecture and many bridges in this ancient water town near the Grand Canal make it particularly attractive for visitors seeking insight into the local culture, religion, arts, crafts and folk customs.
- Wuzhen Xizha Theater – At the Wuzhen Xizha Theater listen to traditional storytelling in the ancient courtyard with its wooden tables and chairs, lush vegetation and antique decorations, a must on any Hangzhou tour.
Experience more on an Hangzhou tour:
- Take tea – On your Hangzhou tour visit the Meijiawu Tea Village, a Longjing tea plantation which highlights the ubiquitous tea culture of China and its many tea related activities. After a brew, we’re sure you’ll be converted.
- Soak up scenery – Make tracks to the Wuzhen Water Town, which is located adjacent to Hangzhou, and offers history, charming scenery, and more of the unassuming, relaxed lifestyle found in Hangzhou.
- Take a train – China’s rapidly expanding high-speed train network makes accessing surrounding areas a breeze. Shanghai, Huangshan, Nanjing, and Suzhou are all now very easily reached, with travel times greatly reduced.