Exotic Tibet Tours
Remote, mysterious, exotic, and breathtakingly beautiful, Tibet is a travel destination beyond compare. With its mighty ice-capped mountains, awe-inspiring lakes, unique and ancient culture, and friendly people, Tibet tours are worth every step of the distance and time taken to reach them.
Both mystical and magical, a tour of Tibet is the opportunity to step into a whole different world. Unlike anywhere else in China, or the world, we offer multi-day Tibet tours, including stays at the holy city of Lhasa. All our Tibet tours are private tours, which can be customized to individual travel schedules and interests.
Tibet tour attractions
There are many drawcards for an adventurer looking for a Tibet tour and an authentic experience of Tibet’s majesty and beauty. It’s why ChinaTours.com’s Tibet tours are led only by local guides with deep knowledge for the region. They will take you through the many spiritual, natural, and man-made drawcards, visiting destinations such as Lhasa, Gyangtse, Shigatse, and Tsetang, Mount Everest, Yomdrok Lake, Potala Palace, Jokhang Temple, and Lhatse Town.
The famous Potala Palace, Jokhang Temple, and many chapels and pilgrim pathways are must-see sights, projecting a reverence affecting all visitors, regardless of their motivation for the trek to Tibet. Undoubtedly, every day in Tibet is an adventure and the opportunity to create beautiful travel memories.
Apart from the appeal of Lhasa and its many attractions, on our Tibet Tours any – or all – of the following can be arranged:
- A magnificent icon of Tibet, visiting the Potala Palace will be a travel memory you’ll always have. Apart from being a surprising example of architectural design, Potala Palace is a place where reverence meets wonder.
- More than a sight to see, Jokhang Temple is a destination for tourists and Tibetan pilgrims alike. Be ready to appreciate this icon which forms a pivotal part of Tibet’s historic and current everyday life.
- View the solid gold statue of Sakyamuni Buddha, visited by Tibetan pilgrims for centuries. Proceed to Barkhor Circuit and be carried along with locals and tourists enjoying the atmosphere and markets. Here you can source mementos from your travel adventures. The final destination for the day is the Ani Tsankhung Nunnery.
- Visit Tsedang – Take a bus to Tsedang located nearly 200 kilometers from Lhasa. Well worth a visit for its stunningly iconic lake, desert valleys and mountain scenery seen both there and on the way.
- Experience the Saga Dawa Festival – Celebrate for a full month at the Saga Dawa festival in Lhasa, or simply join the crowd visiting the Dzongyab Lukhang Park at the foot of Potala for a late afternoon picnic.
- Take tea – Butter tea is a staple of Tibetan culture and meals. A combination of yak butter, tea, salt and water, try it at Makye Ame, a famous Tibetan restaurant on famous Barkhor Street. Wondering where’s best to try the tea? Your guide will help you out with this and any other questions or concerns you have.
Our Tibet tours can be scheduled to align with the timing of important spiritual festivals. Be sure to enquire about the possibilities of this inclusion on your Tibet trip when you speak to our team.
- Celebrate the Shoton Festival – A highlight of the Tibetan calendar, the Shoton Festival marks the end of the Tibetan monks’ hundred day summer retreat. Known for its Tibetan opera and Buddha paintings the Shoton Festival is the most important for Tibetan people. Join the local people as they view the famous Buddha Thaka.
- Experience Thangka – Bright, beautiful and holy, Tibetan Thangka is a unique art genre that must be experienced in Tibet. Attend a Thangka ceremony and watch the art come alive.
- Visit Namtso – The second largest alpine lake in Tibet, Namtso is a little over 4,700 meters above sea level. Not only is Namtso beautiful, getting there is a treat too. Take in the snow-capped Nyenchen Thanglha Mountain Ranges, trek around Tashi Island, or simply admire the sunrise view of the Namtso Lake.
- Stay at the Everest Base Camp – If you’re looking for more adventure, why not take in the Everest Base Camp? With cycling and trekking options available to more intrepid travelers, Everest Base Camp is a must-visit destination in Tibet.
All our Tibet tours can be customized to individual travel timetables and interests, including extending stays and arranging visits to other locations in the region. With our experienced team of travel consultants, we’ll design the ideal Tibet tour to stay with you for a lifetime.