Enjoy a welcome change of pace in the serenity of the tea terraces on the mountains and slopes of the countryside outside Hangzhou. Experience at first hand the entire tea process from growing to consuming, with special cultural rituals, rounding the day off with a relaxing cruise on a picturesque, symbolic lake.
|Vehicle||Air-conditioned vehicle with licensed driver|
|Guide Service & Language||Professional English-speaking guide|
You will be collected from your hotel (our guide will contact you in advance to confirm the pickup time ) and driven to Meijiawu Tea Culture Village in the mountain area outside Hangzhou, where tea terraces covering the high and low hill slopes present a picture of idyllic beauty. With a local farmer as guide, you will have first-hand experience of tea picking and tea processing, joining the farmer in his home for a local tea ceremony. Before leaving Meijiawu, sample some of the local Hangzhou snacks and food while enjoying a Chinese instrumental performance.
A relaxing cruise on West Lake follows as you step aboard an ornate boat. Cruising the waters you can appreciate fully the beauty of this man-made lake, designed for poetic serenity in the tradition of Chinese gardens, forming the image on the one yuan note. Magical views of hills, willows, bridges and well-placed structures, invite photographic and artistic endeavor, especially at sunrise or sunset. Cycling around this symbol of Hangzhou is another way to capture its beauty (at your own cost).
The tour concludes when you are transferred back to your hotel in Hangzhou.
Inclusions / Exclusions
- Admission fees: to sightseeing spots & activities specified.
- Activities specified in the itinerary.
- Excellent professional English-speaking guide.
- Ground transport in an air-conditioned vehicle with licensed driver as specified.
- Pick up and return to hotel.
- Late morning tea comprised of local snacks.
- Boat ride on West Lake.
- Travel Agency Liability Insurance during the tour.
- Government taxes & fees.
- International/domestic flights and trains to/from Hangzhou.
- China visa.
- Gratuities to guides and drivers and any expense of personal nature.
- Hotel accommodation.
- Meals: Lunch is excluded allowing you flexibility around meal choices. Your guide will make recommendations and order for you, if required. Dinner is left to your own arrangement.
- Cycling around the West Lake.
- Our tour package does not include travel insurance. Please purchase travel insurance before your trip to provide for any unforeseen circumstances.
- This is a private tour for your group of family or friends. No other travelers will join you. It’s always available for your schedule!
- Smart casual dress and comfortable walking shoes are recommended.
- Prices based on twin occupancy.
- The prices shown above are not valid during China’s Official Holidays (such as National Day and Chinese Spring Festival etc.).