Enjoy a full day of guided exploration with a friendly and knowledgeable local guide. Explore all of Nanxun’s highlights, including Little Lotus Garden, Jiayetang Library, Zhangshiming’s Former Residence, and Baijianlou – Chinese iconic residential row houses. Taken at a relaxed and easygoing pace over a full day, you’ll have the chance to create lasting travel memories on this tour.
|Vehicle||Air-conditioned vehicle with licensed driver|
|Guide Service & Language||Professional English-speaking guide|
After breakfast, you’ll be collected from your hotel in Hangzhou to commence today’s exploration with a 90 minute drive to Nanxun Water Town.
The tour begins at Xiao Lian Zhuang (Little Lotus Garden). If you’re traveling in summer, you’ll quickly understand why as you’ll discover the plentiful lotus flowers in bloom.
Uncover the local scholarly pursuits of Jiayetang Library’s founder, Liu Chenggan. Born into a wealthy Huzhou banking family, Chenggan assembled an extraordinary library of rare publications produced during various Chinese dynasties. Jiayetang Library alone is one of China’s three private libraries with a phenomenal 110,000 books.
Spend time walking through this peaceful water town. Board a traditional boat to see more of the town from a different perspective, paying close attention to the Zhangshiming’s Former Residence, a wealthy merchant home built in classic Chinese manor style blended with European architectural influences.
Nanxun is famous for the Baijianlou – old residential row houses – which have been well preserved and continue to provide a home to many locals. Today’s tour concludes on the return to your hotel in Hangzhou.
Note: Our guide will contact you in advance to confirm the pickup time.
Inclusions / Exclusions
- Admission fees: to sightseeing spots and activities specified
- Activities specified in the itinerary
- Excellent professional English-speaking guide
- Ground transport in air-conditioned vehicle with licensed driver
- Pick up and return to your hotel
- Boat rides on Nanxun water town
- Travel agency liability insurance during the tour
- Government taxes and fees.
- International/domestic flights/trains to/from Hangzhou
- China visa
- Gratuities to guides and drivers and any expense of personal nature
- Hotel accommodation
- Meals: Meals are excluded. Your guide will make recommendations and order for you, if required.
- Our tour package does not include travel insurance. Please purchase travel insurance before your trip to protect for any unforeseen circumstances
- This is a private tour for your group of family or friends. No other travelers will join you. It’s always available for your schedule!
- Smart casual dress and comfortable walking shoes are recommended.
- Prices based on twin occupancy.
- The prices shown above are not valid during China’s Official Holidays (such as National Day and Chinese Spring Festival etc.).