Tour the Beauty of Huangshan
There are few natural destinations in China that are as captivating and exquisitely beautiful as Huangshan and its surrounds, so it’s no surprise that Huangshan tours create beautiful travel memories.
With good reason, Chinese artists and philosophers for centuries retreated to Yellow Mountain, drawing inspiration from the tranquility created by steep granite mountain peaks, mist covered pine trees and eternal views. You can experience this too by taking one of our thoughtfully curated private or small group Huangshan tours.
Huangshan is the perfect launchpad for taking in the rich treasures, architecture and natural beauty of nearby villages, Tunxi, Hongcun, and Xidi. Best visited in the autumn from September to October, we can coordinate your Huangshan tour with visits to nearby Hangzhou and Shanghai too.
The highlights of Huangshan tours are best experienced over days, rather than crammed into a short visit. How else can you bear witness to some of China’s finest natural scenery?
- Tunxi Old Street – Take your time strolling the area with its Ming and Qing era influences, exploring the local culture, sampling delicacies or tea, investigating the local crafts or maybe having calligraphy prepared to order.
- Mount Huangshan – Whether viewing spectacular scenery from the peaks of “Yellow Mountain” as it pierces the mystical mists or sparkles in bright light, it’s easy to appreciate why this is one of China’s sacred mountains, especially when seen up close on an awe-inspiring hike.
- Begin-to-Believe Peak – Be captivated by the breathtaking panorama of verdant twisted pines, oddly shaped rocks, and facing cliffs which await you at the top of this mountain, a must-see on your Huangshan tour.
- West Sea Grand Canyon – Feel like you’re in ‘fairyland’ entering the canyon renowned for its mysterious landscape with flowing clouds, ancient pines, steep mountains, and unique rock formations.
- Celestial Capital Peak – Like famous poets and artists past, find your artistic juices stirred as you look down from above on the mystical sea of cloud below on a trip to one of the best-known peaks of the Huangshan mountain range. Enjoy the diversity of wildlife, flora, vegetation, and geology along the way to the top.
How to experience more on Huangshan tours:
- Savor dinner – Visit Tunxi Ancient Street and experience food from the traditional local Anhui cuisine, including Smelly Mandarin Fish and Hairy Fermented Tofu!
- Write your name – Learn the ancient craft of calligraphy using traditional brush ink, ink stick, paper and inkstone and write your name as a piece of art on Tunxi Ancient Street at Tangkou Town.
- Admire architecture – Balance your experience of modern China with a visit to Yanxi Street in Tangkou Town. You’ll discover the iconic Hui architecture characteristic of this region.
Located about 450 kilometers from Shanghai, extending your Huangshan tour to visit this exciting city is easy. We offer a pre-arranged itinerary, incorporating the best of Shanghai, Huangshan, and Hangzhou, or if you have your own China travel plans in mind, let us help create the ideal itinerary for you.