Join one of our Guizhou tours
Escape the hustle and bustle, join us on one of our Guizhou tours and soak in the relaxed, laid-back style of this province of China.
Influenced by a melting pot of diverse ethnic groups, landscapes and folklore cultures, Guizhou is a well-hidden gem of southwest of China.
Our popular Guizhou day tours and multi-day tours include highlights such as visits to Anshun, Kaili, Rongjiang, Zhaoxing and Congjiang. Expect beautiful waterfalls, visit quaint Miao and Dong minority villages, and experience the ancient traditions, architecture, and way of life of these local people.
A tour of Guizhou is ideal for those seeking an enriching experience of real China.
Guizhou tour highlights for those seeking an enriching experience of real China are evident in every location on our tours.
- Huangguoshu Waterfall National Park – Spectacular Huangguoshu Waterfall (located approximately 90 minutes drive from Guiyang) is China’s largest and the largest among the cluster of falls on the Baishui River. Viewing platforms enable you to capture different views of this natural phenomenon – from the pavilion in front of the falls and from a viewing aisle in a cave behind the curtain of water.
- Tianlong Ancient Castle – At Tianlong Ancient Castle, where residents are descendants of the army in the Ming dynasty Hongwu period (1368-1398), you’ll gain a sense of people’s long-standing military culture. Residents still adhere to the Ming dynasty’s way of life, language, costume, houses, religious faith and lifestyle.
- Ground Opera Performance – Take time out with a local tea at Tianlong Ancient Castle and savor the experience of the Ground Opera performance. One of China’s oldest plays incorporating a traditional worship ceremony with entertainment, the Ground Opera is performed by locals wearing exquisitely crafted wooden masks who share the village history and culture.
- Kail Miao Villages – Experience village-hopping at its best traveling to local Miao villages, including Qingman, Shiqiao, Jidao, Langde, Paika, and Datang. At each enjoys the opportunity to witness firsthand how local villagers continue living according to their traditional ways and celebrate festivals, while balancing the influx of western travelers curious to learn about their way of life.
Guizhou province is a standout destination for its natural beauty, iconic landscapes, and the way in which traditional culture has remained well-preserved despite the ever forward march of China’s development. Expand your travel experience with a personalized tour created by one of our local China tour experts.
- Stand in awe – There are few waterfalls more inspiring than the magnificent Huangguoshu Waterfall. Take a whole day to maximize your experience.
- Hike the hillside – If the road less traveled inspires you, consider hiking through the idyllic rural landscape and exploring the diverse ethnic culture of Guizhou’s southeast where the Langde Miao Village and Zhaoxing Dong Village are located.
- Discover hidden beauty – Combine a visit to Guizhou with other gorgeous natural landscapes in China by incorporating travel to Guilin and Yangshuo. Experience more of local traditions in Longsheng and Xhaoxing, together with various other local Miao villages.
A Guizhou tour offers a completely different experience of China. Enriching and eye-opening, it provides a small window into the traditional heart and natural beauty that is easily overlooked by its larger, more modern counterparts. Contact us to book a Guizhour tour and let us create beautiful travel memories for you.
Want to discover more of China? Have a look at our China tour packages – or contact us for a custom tour designed just for you.