Hangzhou offers much in the way of culture and this one day tour endeavours to capture it alls as you make your way from the Grand Jing-hang Canal Museum to other landmarks of historical and cultural significance, including the Workmanship Demonstration Pavilion and Dadou Historical Block. Immerse yourself in the traditional crafts on which China forged its position in global commerce, even centuries ago. Including a knowledgeable local guide, transfers between sights, a relaxed easygoing pace, and the opportunity to learn firsthand about important Chinese cultural traditions, this tour is a welcome change from the big city bustle. Available as a stand alone tour or as an add on to any other tour small group, private or custom tour arrangements. Just ask us how.
|Vehicle||Air-conditioned vehicle with licensed driver|
|Guide Service & Language||Professional English-speaking guide|
You will be collected from your hotel to commence today’s tour. From the hotel you will be driven to the old section of Hangzhou to begin exploration of the city’s colorful folk culture. The tour begins at the Grand Jing-hang Canal Museum, where presents the excellent history of the longest cannal in the world. Walking across the elegant Gongchen Bridge, you’ll discover an eclectic mix of museums that trace the history of all manner of Chinese craftsmanship: the China Umbrella Museum, China Knives, Scissors and Swords museum, and the China Fan Museum.
From here you’l move on to the Workmanship Demonstration Pavilion, a craft center where you can experience making such things as a kite or an oiled paper umbrella, while learning about folk art and culture of Hangzhou (optional*).
Outside the pavilion you will board a cruise to travel across the longest and oldest Grand Canal in the world after which you’ll arrive at the Dadou Road Historical Block.
Stroll the cobbled streets in this revitalized residential area and discover fine examples of architecture from the Ming and Qing dynasties. Gain insights to the past through the museums and displays of traditional crafts or indulge yourself at the cafes, restaurants and gift shops.
Join the locals in pray at the Xiangji Temple, then return to your hotel to conclude the day’s culture tour.
Note: Our guide will contact you in advance to confirm the pickup time.
*Optional activities incur additional charges.
Inclusions / Exclusions
- Admission fees: to sightseeing spots and activities specified
- Activities specified in the itinerary
- Excellent professional English-speaking guide
- Ground transport in air-conditioned vehicle with licensed driver
- Pick up and return to your hotel
- Boat rides on Grand Canal
- Travel agency liability insurance during the tour
- Government taxes and fees.
- International/domestic flights/trains to/from Hangzhou
- China visa
- Gratuities to guides and drivers and any expense of personal nature
- Hotel accommodation
- Meals: Meals are excluded. Your guide will make recommendations and order for you, if required.
- Our tour package does not include travel insurance. Please purchase travel insurance before your trip to protect for any unforeseen circumstances.
- This is a private tour for your group of family or friends. No other travelers will join you. It’s always available for your schedule!
- Smart casual dress and comfortable walking shoes are recommended.
- Prices based on twin occupancy.
- The prices shown above are not valid during China’s Official Holidays (such as National Day and Chinese Spring Festival etc.).