Enjoy our Zhangjiajie Tours
As a popular tourist city, the surrounding area of Zhangjiajie is famous for breathtaking sandstone land-forms which are an integral part of all our Zhangjiajie tours.
Zhangjiajie’s distinctive pillar-like peaks rising out of the ground, precipitous cliffs, and sharp rocks engraved in various styles and forms, have been made famous by the movie, Avatar. However, there is much more to experience and absorb in this naturally beautiful destination in China.
With both Zhangjiajie private tours and small group tour options available, our day trips and multi-day trips are designed to offer you the very best of Zhangjiajie and surrounds, including the National Forest Park, Tianmen Mountain, Grand Canyon, Phoenix Ancient Town, and other exquisite natural sights not found elsewhere in the world.
With the appeal of Zhangjiajie extending well beyond fans of the movie Avatar, Zhangjiajie has much to offer the nature lover too. Here are just some of the highlights from our Zhangjiajie tours.
- Zhangjiajie National Forest Park – The Zhangjiajie National Forest Park has more going for it than inspiration for movie backdrops. Stunningly beautiful natural landscapes that literally take your breath away are a welcome contrast from the otherwise busy pace of China’s big cities. A definite inclusion on any Zhangjiajie tour.
- Tianzi Mountain Nature Reserve – Rising one after another, the peaks of Tianzi Mountain provide stunning views. Visitors can see the full expanse of the Wulingyuan Scenic Area and the beauty of each season – all at the same time. This unforgettable highlight of our Zhangjiajie tours is where you experience the four wonders: Radiance of the Moonlight, Sea of Clouds, Rays of Sunshine and Snow in winter. Truly mesmerizing.
- Bailong Elevator – The Bailong Elevator (Hundred Dragons Elevator) is a huge glass elevator built into the side of a cliff. It stretches 326 meters into the sky and is in the Guinness Book of Records for being the highest outdoor elevator in the world! A definite for those who want an adventure as part of their Zhangjiajie tour.
- Ten-mile Gallery – Passage through the Ten-mile Gallery is a scenic delight of peaked mountains dotting the green landscape, local villages, forests, farms, and winding streams.
- Yuanjiajie Scenic Area – An essential part of a Zhangjiajie tours experience is the naturally formed plateau in the Forest Park where you can enjoy the view of the surrounding deep valleys and high summits, lower peaks and grotesque rocks, each with its own peculiar shape.
Want to experience more of real China? Why not visit these other sights in and around Zhangjiajie?
- Visit Fenghuang – Reputedly China’s most beautiful town, Fenghuang Old Town is located southwest of Xiangxi. A five hour drive from Changsha, Fenghuang lives up to its title. Be impressed by the mystery, elegance and primitive simplicity of the ethnic Miao minority, their stilt houses, and the local quaint bridges.
- Catch your breath – That’s exactly what you’ll do at the Zhangjiajie Grand Canyon. The longest and highest in the world, the canyon draws adventurers from all over. You’ll be amazed at the site provided by this exquisite natural landform.
- Step out for adventure – Not for the faint of heart, a walk on the transparent Glass Bridge may appeal. Hanging 300 meters above the ground with a transparent glass bottom, the bridge provides tourists with the thrilling feeling of walking in the sky, at the same time providing an outlook over the steep cliffs, lush mountains and clear waters of the Grand Canyon.