Enjoy our Suzhou Tours
Dubbed the ‘Oriental Venice’, the Chinese waterside city of Suzhou is admired for its crisscrossing canals, stone bridges, enchanting classical gardens, and relaxed and easy lifestyle. Our small group and private, day and multi-day Suzhou tours encompass all Suzhou’s highlights, including the Humble Administrator's Garden, Garden of the Master of Nets, Tongli Water Town and more. Let us take you there!
Experiences not to be missed
A visit to Suzhou provides the opportunity to experience the Chinese ancient art of storytelling and ballad singing at a traditional Suzhou Performance. Kun opera is reputedly where all Chinese opera originated from. Sip green tea and savor dim sum while you’re taken back to a quintessentially Chinese experience.
Suzhou also lays claim to being one of China’s top food destinations. The home of Jiangsu cuisine, known for its sweetness and emphasis on freshness, you’ll be impressed by the food you’ll find on Shangtang Street on one of our Suzhou tours.
- Humble Administrator’s Garden – Bask in the beauty of one of the largest and finest gardens in southern China. A UNESCO World Heritage Site located in downtown Suzhou, feel at peace in this classically designed private garden as you wander through the picturesque landscape in which traditional architecture, hills, lawns, flowers, and meandering streams harmonize with the natural and built environment in poetic elegance.
- Master of the Nets Garden – Be enchanted by this wondrous garden synthesizing in the design, residences, and buildings with lakes, grottoes, gardens of flowers and ancient trees. See what inspired China’s ancient philosophers, poets, and intellectuals in the past.
- Tiger Hill – Learn about the legends behind the tiger-shaped hill with its leaning pagoda and temples, set in extensive scenic gardens and pools to delight the eye and bring peace to the soul.
- Grand Canal – Step into a wooden boat and cruise Suzhou’s Grand Canal, which reaches all the way to Beijing. Enjoy scenes of local life passing through peaceful residential quarters and a bustling commercial zone, featuring a harmonious blend of ancient and modern architecture along the banks of the canal.
- Visit the Panmen Gate – Constructed during the Yuan Dynasty (1271-1368 AD) you’ll have a chance to learn about this historical landmark and its importance in the defense system of Suzhou throughout its rich and interesting history.
- Take a rickshaw ride – Pingjiang Road is a well preserved historical block stretching along Pingjiang River and a rickshaw ride will take you back in time to its origin during the Tang and Song dynasties. Reflect on the lifestyle of locals as you meander through the small alleys, ancient residences, rivers and bridges of this pocket of history.
- Savor a silk souvenir – Suzhou is the origin of China’s silk trade and China’s capital of silk. A visit to one of Suzhou’s silk museums or numerous silk stores is essential. Time your visit to the Suzhou Silk Festival held in September and you’ll be hard-pressed to resist acquiring your own silken treasure.
The best way to experience China is taking a tour that suits your specific needs, budget, and schedule. The good news is: ChinaTours.com can help you do that. While we offer numerous small group tours which can be taken as private tours, we also love designing individual tours for travelers wanting a real experience of China.