Resort Style Xiamen Tours
Xiamen island city that is growing in popularity as China’s very own resort style destination.
With a history that extends back as far as the Ming dynasty, there is much to explore and experience on one of our Xiamen tours.
Our custom, private and small group Xiamen tours highlight the old and new on the island, with the Hongkeng Tulou Cluster, Chuxi and Nanxi Villages, Island Ring Road, Gulangyu Island, Mount Wuyi, and South Putuo Temple among the sites you’ll experience.
Experience the real China on a ChinaTours.com Xiamen tour led by English speaking enthusiastic local guides – who better to explore with?
Xiamen tour highlights can be discovered on every one of our Xiamen tours.
- Gulangyu Island – Continue to be surprised at the diversity of people and cultures in China, as demonstrated in exceptional examples of residual European architecture of Gulangyu, the enduring Buddhist buildings and religious traditions and the pace of commerce.
- Shuzhuang Garden – A Xiamen tour is not complete without a visit to Shuzhuang Garden to appreciate the exquisite blend of garden and sea in the classic design of garden art, with tremendous appeal to artists and photographers.
- Piano Museum – Delve into the history of music with a visit to the Piano Museum, with its collection of more than 70 valuable old pianos from all over the world.
- South Putuo Temple – Much to be admired on a Xiamen tour is the sacred Buddhist building of the Tang and Qing dynasties, located in a picturesque setting surrounded peaks and the sea.
- Yongding Hongkeng Tulou Cluster – Make the most of the opportunity to view at first hand the cluster of traditional buildings, built in a defensive circle, using earth, stone, bamboo, and wood, capable of withstanding typhoons and earthquakes, to protect families and communities.
- Tulou Museum – From exhibits at the Tulou Museum, there is much to learn about the development of distinctive Tulou architecture and the historical evolution of the exotic Hakka culture.
- Chuxi Tulou Cluster – Be intrigued by this group of earthen structures dating back to the Ming Dynasty in the 14th century, built in concentric rings, squares or rectangles, to house and protect communities.
- Nanxi Tulou Cluster – Nanxi Tulou Cluster is a beautiful village of dwellings scattered amongst green mountains and lush vegetation. The scenery is made more picturesque by the ash-black capped circular earthen walls of the dwellings dotted throughout the landscape. Hidden gems are revealed as you visit individual family buildings, such as the elegant Fuzhen Lou and the literary family Yanxiang Lou. This is an unmissable highlight of Xiamen tours.
Experiences you don’t want to miss on a Xiamen tour.
- Pick a pearl – Xiamen pearl embroidery is a traditional handicraft using colorful beads, pearls also gemstone beads to embroider designs on silk. Pick something up on your Xiamen tour adventure.
- Hop on an island – Take a boat to Gulangyu Island located on the southeast of Xiamen Peninsula. Known as the ‘Garden of the Sea’ and covering only one square mile, it is an iconic representation of island living.
Thinking you may want to explore more of China? Have a look at our best China tours for inspiration.