Join one of our Shanghai tours
Come with us on a Shanghai tour as one of our best China tours or simply visit for a Shanghai day tour.
As part of your China adventure on one of our small group, private or custom tours, a Shanghai tour is the opportunity to visit a city that combines the best of traditional and modern China. With a rich history, much of which reflects the development of modern China, Shanghai has played a pivotal role in international commerce, with its port central to the movement of commodities, people, and technology in and out of China for centuries.
A thriving cosmopolitan city, Shanghai is not just a playground for Asia’s financial elite; it’s home to 24 million residents too. Humming and hustling 24 hours every day, a Shanghai day tour – or three or four days in Shanghai – is the perfect way to commence or wrap up one of our best China tours. Skyscrapers, city precincts and culture abound, but in every way that’s different to elsewhere across the country. While the English and European populations in the city were always relatively small by comparison to the resident Shanghainese, their influence is evident in architecture, lifestyle, and the way modern Shanghai continues to embrace influences from around the globe.
Join us on a Shanghai tour and create beautiful travel memories.
With many of our best China tours incorporating Shanghai, we offer travelers the opportunity to do, experience, and see more in this fabulous city:
- Rise straight to the top with a visit to Shanghai Tower, China’s tallest building. At 121 stories and 632 meters tall, the tower offers a serious birds’ eye view from the observation deck. Or visit the Oriental Pearl Tower and dine in style above the city.
- Eat out and savor Shanghai’s diverse cuisine. Both international and traditional choices are available, making it the dining capital of China. To experience truly authentic food, try the local Benbang food or traditional Shanghai street food.
- On a Shanghai day tour, visit the Shanghai Museum, a massive museum housing over 140,000 artifacts, presenting the full history and culture of this cosmopolitan city and the surrounding cities of Suzhou and Hangzhou.
- A Shanghai tour wouldn’t be complete without a leisurely walk along The Bund. Iconic and prestigious, it is one of the most well-preserved examples of old Shanghai glamour.
- Even if shopping is not your thing, our Shanghai days tours can accommodate a walk along Nanjing Road, the busiest shopping precinct in China.
- For a more contemplative experience on your Shanghai tour, change tempo and visit the Yuyuan Garden, where you can marvel at the stunning gardens and art precinct located close by.
- Stroll around the nearby Chenghuangmiao bazaars and make a worthwhile detour to visit the Shikumen Museum in New Spot (XinTianDi) for a true taste of old world Shanghai.
- With our flexible Shanghai tour itineraries, you can make the most of your afternoon by wandering the quieter streets of Dongping Road or Sinan Road in the Former French Concession, where you will find the essence of classic Shanghai.
With surprisingly beautiful cities in close proximity to Shanghai, if time permits, consider booking Shanghai day tours with a difference. With our ability to tailor any tour to your specific interests and needs, we can combine these days trips with your longer tour, regardless of where you travel in China.
- Visit neighboring cities Suzhou and Hangzhou on our Shanghai day tours. Visit classical gardens, water towns Zhouzhuang and Wuzhen, laid-back villages and the stunning Huangshan Mountain for a real glimpse into the graceful charm of China.
- In Tongli, another picturesque water town in the area, discover why it’s famous for the sprawling network of rivers, ancient bridges and the well preserved architecture of its residences.
- Book a Shanghai layover tour and join us on one of our Shanghai day tours by taking advantage of China’s visa-free travel policy that allows travelers to experience destination cities like Shanghai without a visa.