Take a welcome break from the ancient built wonders and busyness of China to enjoy spectacular natural scenery. Be thrilled by precipitous peaks and challenging structures that take you up close and personal with natural wonders.
|Vehicle||Airconditioned vehicle with licensed driver|
|Guide Service & Language||Professional English-speaking guide|
In the morning, you will be met by your guide at your hotel lobby (our guide will contact you in advance to confirm the pickup time). Settle into a comfortable vehicle to begin the tour with a short drive to Zhangjiajie National Forest Park, famous for pillar-like peaks and awe-inspiring natural landforms. On arrival, a shuttle bus will take you to Tianzi Mountain for a panoramic view of the mystical peaks and valleys and wonderful photo opportunities. An exciting cable car ride will take you to the top of the mountain. Visitors gain an appreciation of different angles of the mountains and peaks walking along the rugged paths. Hear from your guide the legends about Helong Park, Imperial Brush Peak and West Sea Stone Forest. For lunch you may like to try some local snacks or choose to bring food with you as there is limited choice.
A shuttle bus will take you to Yuanjiajie Scenic Area. There you can observe the Southern Sky Column, explore the prototype of “Hallelujah Mountains” from the film Avatar and cross the No. 1 Bridge under Heaven”, an artificial stone bridge hanging between two peaks. Descent from the mountain will be in the spine-tingling glass Bailong Elevator, when a shuttle bus will take you to the captivating Ten-mile Natural Gallery. From a small train you can marvel at the misty karst landscape, thick woods and grotesque rocks as you meander through farms and villages. At the end of the day, a shuttle bus will take you back to the parking lot when you’ll be returned to your hotel.
Notes for this tour:
Difficulty: Older visitors with mobility issues may find this trip challenging. Those travelling with babies, trollies or wheel chairs will find the scenic spots difficult to complete.
Dress code: Smart casual and comfortable walking shoes are recommended.
Walking: This tour includes a moderate amount of walking, offset by the cable car and shuttle bus.
Season to avoid: Summer vacation from July to August, national holiday from October 1-7.
Useful items: Sun protection is needed in summer and umbrellas are suggested in spring.
Unscheduled changes or restrictions imposed by the Zhangjiajie Local Management Center. The itinerary may result in adjustments to the itinerary. The guide will advise of these changes as soon as they become available.
Inclusions / Exclusions
- Admission fees: to sightseeing spots & activities specified.
- Activities specified in the itinerary.
- Excellent professional English-speaking guide.
- Ground transport in an air-conditioned vehicle with licensed driver as specified.
- Pick up and return to hotel.
- Cable car ride and Bailong Elevator.
- Travel Agency Liability Insurance during the tour.
- Government taxes & fees.
- International/domestic flights and trains to/from Zhangjiajie.
- China visa.
- Gratuities to guides and drivers and any expense of personal nature.
- Hotel accommodation.
- Meals: Lunch is excluded allowing you flexibility around meal choices. Your guide will make recommendations and order for you, if required. Dinner is left to your own arrangement.
- Our tour package does not include travel insurance. Please purchase travel insurance before your trip to provide for any unforeseen circumstances.
- This is a private tour for your group of family or friends. No other travelers will join you. It’s always available for your schedule!
- Smart casual dress and comfortable walking shoes are recommended.
- Prices based on twin occupancy.
- The prices shown above are not valid during China’s Official Holidays (such as National Day and Chinese Spring Festival etc.).