Take a welcome break from the ancient built wonders and busyness of China to enjoy spectacular natural scenery. Be thrilled by precipitous peaks and challenging structures that take you up close and personal with China’s natural wonders.
|Vehicle||Airconditioned vehicle with licensed driver|
|Guide Service & Language||Professional English-speaking guide|
You will be picked up at your hotel at the time confirmed with your guide in advance. Settle into a comfortable air-conditioned vehicle to begin the tour to Tianmen Mountain. The world’s longest cable car ride will take you to the mountain top, providing a “bird’s eye view” of the amazing scenery below featuring grotesque rocks. On arrival enjoy splendid views of the garden in heaven as you become immersed in the misty fairyland full of sky-kissing ancient trees, mossy stones and peculiar rocks. Be exhilarated by walking carefully along the famous Sky Walk, the transparent glass plank road hugging the cliff. Lunch will be well deserved, whether purchased from local vendors or prepared beforehand and brought with you.
Further wonder awaits as you move on an 897 meter long escalator to the most marvelous and remarkable feature of the mountain, Tianmen Cave, located halfway up the peak. Views from the cave offer splendid photo opportunities, especially of the stunning 999 stairs. An escalator will take you to the foot of the mountain to catch the shuttle bus for the thrill of travelling the 99 bends while the bus winds downhill. The wonderful day tour to Tianmen Mountain concludes and you will be transferred back to your hotel.
Notes for this tour:
To save time and avoid long queues, your guide may alter the attraction sequence accordingly.
Difficulty: Older visitors with mobility issues may find this trip challenging. Those travelling with babies, trollies or wheel chairs will find the scenic spots difficult to manage.
Dress code: Smart casual and comfortable walking shoes are recommended.
Walking: This tour includes a moderate amount of walking, offset by the cable car and shuttle bus.
Season to avoid: summer vacation from July to August, national holiday from October 1-7.
Useful items: Sun protection is needed in summer and umbrellas are suggested in spring.
Unscheduled changes or restrictions imposed by the Zhangjiajie Local Management Center. The itinerary may result in adjustments to the itinerary. The guide will advise of these changes as soon as they become available.
Inclusions / Exclusions
- Admission fees: to sightseeing spots & activities specified.
- Activities specified in the itinerary.
- Excellent professional English-speaking guide.
- Ground transport in an air-conditioned vehicle with licensed driver as specified.
- Pick up and return to hotel.
- Cable car ride and ‘Sky Walk’ at Tianmen Mountain.
- Travel Agency Liability Insurance during the tour.
- Government taxes & fees.
- International/domestic flights and trains to/from Zhangjiajie.
- China visa.
- Gratuities to guides and drivers and any expense of personal nature.
- Hotel accommodation.
- Meals: Meals are excluded. Your guide will make recommendations and order for you, if required.
- Our tour package does not include travel insurance. Please purchase travel insurance before your trip to protect for any unforeseen circumstances.
- This is a private tour for your group of family or friends. No other travelers will join you. It’s always available for your schedule!
- Smart casual dress and comfortable walking shoes are recommended.
- Prices based on twin occupancy.
- The prices shown above are not valid during China’s Official Holidays (such as National Day and Chinese Spring Festival etc.).