Never cease to be amazed at the diversity of people and cultures in China, as demonstrated in exceptional examples of residual European architecture of Gulangyu, the enduring Buddhist buildings and religious traditions and the pace of commerce.
|Vehicle||Air-conditioned vehicle with licensed driver|
|Guide Service & Language||Professional English-speaking guide|
In the morning, your guide will pick you up from your hotel or cruise ship terminal at about 9:00am, having contacted you in advance to confirm the pickup time.
Travel aboard a comfortable air-conditioned vehicle to board the ferry to peaceful Gulangyu Island, where you can enjoy the wonderful views, different themed small stalls and exotic architecture of old consulates, churches and European style colonial buildings. Walk along to the elegant Shuzhuang Garden, to appreciate the exquisite blend of garden and sea in the classic design of garden art, with tremendous appeal to artists and photographers. Delve into the history of music with a visit to the Piano Museum, with its collection of more than 70 valuable old pianos from all over the world.
After leaving the island have lunch from choice local cuisine available in the city area.
Afterwards, drive to the famous South Putuo Temple, built originally in the Tang dynasty and now operating as the major Buddhist temple of the Han in Xiamen. Here you will see a great collection of Buddhist cultural relics and may encounter religious activities.
Then proceed to Amoy Circular Road (Huandao Road or Island Ring Road), which has been specially designed to bring the beach and the sea to the people, offering beautiful seaside scenery and access to main attractions. Finally, drive past the beautiful China Xiamen University to Zhongshan Road Walking Street, where you are free to explore shopping on this famous local commercial street.
Your tour ends when you are returned to your hotel or cruise terminal.
Inclusions / Exclusions
- Admission fees: to sightseeing spots & activities specified.
- Activities specified in the itinerary.
- Excellent professional English-speaking guide.
- Ground transport in an air-conditioned vehicle with licensed driver as specified.
- Round trip ferry boat tickets to Gulangyu Island.
- Pick up and return to your hotel or cruise ship terminal.
- Travel Agency Liability Insurance during the tour.
- Government taxes & fees.
- International/domestic flights and trains to/from Xiamen.
- China visa.
- Gratuities to guides and drivers and any expense of personal nature.
- Hotel accommodation.
- Meals: Lunch is excluded allowing you flexibility around meal choices. Your guide will make recommendations and order for you, if required. Dinner is left to your own arrangement.
- Our tour package does not include travel insurance. Please purchase travel insurance before your trip to provide for any unforeseen circumstances.
- This is a private tour for your group of family or friends. No other travelers will join you. It’s always available for your schedule!
- Smart casual dress and comfortable walking shoes are recommended.
- Prices based on twin occupancy.
- The prices shown above are not valid during China’s Official Holidays (such as National Day and Chinese Spring Festival etc.).