Never cease to be amazed at the diversity of people and cultures in China, as demonstrated in exceptional examples of building tradition and function of the Hakka speaking people of south eastern China, with their defensive communal organization.
|Vehicle||Air-conditioned vehicle with licensed driver|
|Guide Service & Language||Professional English-speaking guide|
You will be picked up at your hotel at 8:00am (or as confirmed in advance by your guide) and taken on a three hour drive through the countryside to Yongding County to explore the intriguing Hongkeng Tulou Cluster.
Information on the special design and scale of the buildings, as well as the lifestyle of the local Hakka people will be shared by your guide as you explore these buildings of amazing function and purpose. Near the entrance of the cluster is Zhencheng Lou, known as the “prince of tulou”. Marvel at the perfect combination of superb exterior layout and exotic interior hue in this round four-layer building. Western influence is evident in the Greek style columns of the ancestral hall.
For lunch you may choose to sample some of the authentic local cuisine, with recommendations from your guide, as needed.
Moving on to the northwest, you’ll encounter the grand square palace style architecture of Kuiju Lou, birthplace of many scholars and government officials.
A walk along the riverside will bring you to the smallest Tulou, mini style Rusheng Lou, built in 1901. Although small, this Tulou enjoys all the same features and functions as the others.
Proceed to the elegant, mansion style Fuyu Lou, resembling three mountains symbolizing the three Lin brothers who spent a large sum of money building the house.
Your tour concludes when you are returned to your hotel in Xiamen.
Inclusions / Exclusions
- Admission fees: to sightseeing spots & activities specified.
- Activities specified in the itinerary.
- Excellent professional English-speaking guide.
- Ground transport in an air-conditioned vehicle with licensed driver as specified.
- Pick up and return to your hotel.
- Travel Agency Liability Insurance during the tour.
- Government taxes & fees.
- International/domestic flights and trains to/from Xiamen.
- China visa.
- Gratuities to guides and drivers and any expense of personal nature.
- Hotel accommodation.
- Meals: Lunch is excluded allowing you flexibility around meal choices. Your guide will make recommendations and order for you, if required. Dinner is left to your own arrangement.
- Our tour package does not include travel insurance. Please purchase travel insurance before your trip to provide for any unforeseen circumstances.
- This is a private tour for your group of family or friends. No other travelers will join you. It’s always available for your schedule!
- Smart casual dress and comfortable walking shoes are recommended.
- Prices based on twin occupancy.
- The prices shown above are not valid during China’s Official Holidays (such as National Day and Chinese Spring Festival etc.).