Take a tour of inspiration and delight – in the best of Chinese gardens that have inspired poets, philosophers and legends down the ages, the engineering marvel of the Grand Canal and the enduring, ancient lifestyle of villagers living along its banks.
|Vehicle||Air-conditioned vehicle with licensed driver|
|Guide Service & Language||Professional English-speaking guide|
Your day trip begins with morning departure from your hotel in Suzhou where the guide will meet you in the lobby (our guide will contact you in advance to confirm the pickup time). After a short drive you’ll be able to savor the artistic features and cultural values of the Master of the Nets Garden, a dainty, classical garden of exquisitely laid out pavilions, rockeries, corridors, bridges and ponds, all in breathtaking harmony. Traditional dwellings date back to the Southern Song Dynasty in 1174. Awe-inspiring scenery will have you reaching for your camera.
Cruising in a wooden boat along the Suzhou section of the Grand Canal, which reaches all the way to Beijing, you’ll be able to take delight in the scenes of local life passing through peaceful residential quarters and a bustling commercial zone, featuring an harmonious blend of ancient and modern architecture along the bank.
Lunch is excluded but your guide is always happy to offer suggestions.
While visiting the Panmen Gate, constructed during the Yuan Dynasty (1271-1368 AD) you’ll have a chance to learn about this historical landmark and its importance in the defense system of Suzhou.
A rickshaw ride around Pingjiang Road, a well preserved historical block stretching along Pingjiang River, will take you back in time to its origin during the Tang and Song dynasties. Reflect on the lifestyle of locals as you wander through the small alleys, ancient residences, rivers and bridges of this pocket of history.
You will then be returned to your Suzhou hotel.
Inclusions / Exclusions
- Admission fees: to sightseeing spots and activities specified.
- Activities specified in the itinerary.
- Excellent professional English speaking guide.
- Ground transport in air-conditioned vehicle with licensed driver as specified.
- Pick up and return to your hotel.
- Rickshaw ride at Pingjiang Road.
- Boat ride on the Grand Canal.
- Travel agency liability insurance during the tour.
- Government taxes and fees.
- International/domestic flights and trains to/from Suzhou.
- China visa.
- Gratuities to guides and drivers and any expense of personal nature.
- Hotel accommodation.
- Meals: Lunch is excluded allowing you flexibility around meal choices. Your guide will make recommendations and order for you, if required. Dinner is left to your own arrangement.
- Our tour package does not include travel insurance. Please purchase travel insurance before your trip to provide for any unforeseen circumstances.
- This is a private tour for your group of family or friends. No other travelers will join you. It’s always available for your schedule!
- Smart casual dress and comfortable walking shoes are recommended.
- Prices based on twin occupancy.
- The prices shown above are not valid during China’s Official Holidays (such as National Day and Chinese Spring Festival etc.).