Meandering canals. Ancient stone bridges. Traditional architecture. Admire it all on this one day private tour of Suzhou’s highlights. Awaken your ‘inner poet’ as you immerse yourself in the idyllic scenery to be found at the Humble Administrator’s Garden with its wispy willows, traditional architecture, hills, lawns, flowers and meandering streams. Appreciate the serious nod to design and art at its best with an exploration of the famous Suzhou Museum. Round out the day with a visit to Zhouzhuang Water Town, located around an hour from the heart of Suzhou. With a reputation for its many ancient bridges that span the canals at key points, you’ll be amazed at the pedigree found here, with each bridge harboring rich history within its structure. Inclusive of transfers between highlights and an enthusiastic local guide with a love of Suzhou, you’ll appreciate this window into a beautiful city’s history and traditions.
Why not incorporate this tour with other travel to nearby Shanghai or Hangzhou? We can take away the confusion about what to see and when to create a beautiful travel memory designed especially for you. Just ask us! We’ll take care of every detail.
|Vehicle||Air-conditioned vehicle with licensed driver|
|Guide Service & Language||Professional English-speaking guide|
Your day trip begins with the morning departure from your hotel in Suzhou where the guide will meet you in the lobby (our guide will contact you in advance to confirm the pickup time). After a short drive, you’ll arrive at one of the most renowned and spectacular gardens in China, the Humble Administrator’s Garden, a UNESCO World Heritage Site located in downtown Suzhou. Be at peace in this classically designed private garden as you wander through the picturesque landscape in which traditional architecture, hills, lawns, flowers and meandering streams harmonize the natural and build environment in poetic elegance. Savor the artistic features and architectural values of the Suzhou Museum, which contains the new building designed by world famous architect I. M. Pei and the historic site Prince Zhong’s Mansion of Taiping Heavenly Kingdom. The housed relics take you in-depth to admire the ancient collections especially of the Ming and Qing Dynasties’ paintings and aircrafts. Wander around the garden style museum, taste the historic and cultural sense of Su-style gardens. Follow on to drive about 1hour to the picturesque Zhouzhuang Water Town. Water surrounds the town with many clear branching streams, lakes and rivers crossed by ancient stone bridges. Old residences feature black tiles and white walls. The ancient town has a history dating back more than 900 years, many houses having been built in the Ming and Qing dynasties. A walk along the best tour route takes you to visit local landmarks. Of particular note is Shen House, the 100-room residence formerly owned by the richest man south of the Yangtze River in the early Ming dynasty; and Zhang House built in the mid-15th century. These elegant homes feature peaceful pools, a water gate, wharf and figurines, artwork and folk instruments reflective of the wealth and status of former owners. Echoing through the majestic halls and pavilions of the Chengxu Taoist Temple are close to a thousand years of history, Taoist architecture and masterpieces to add to your memories. Later in the afternoon, you may take a boat trip (at your expense) along the waterways to see Zhouzhuang in a different way. At the end of the tour, you will then be returned to your Suzhou hotel.
Inclusions / Exclusions
- Admission fees: to sightseeing spots and activities specified
- Activities specified in the itinerary
- Excellent professional English speaking guide
- Ground transport in air-conditioned vehicle with licensed driver as specified
- Pick up and return to your hotel
- Travel agency liability insurance during the tour
- Government taxes and fees.
- International/domestic flights and trains to/from Suzhou
- China visa
- Gratuities to guides and drivers and any expense of personal nature
- Hotel accommodation
- Boat ride in Zhouzhuang Water Town
- Meals: Meals are excluded. Your guide will make recommendations and order for you, if required.
- Our tour package does not include travel insurance. Please purchase travel insurance before your trip to protect for any unforeseen circumstances
- This is a private tour for your group of family or friends. No other travelers will join you. It’s always available for your schedule!
- Smart casual dress and comfortable walking shoes are recommended.
- Prices based on twin occupancy.
- The prices shown above are not valid during China’s Official Holidays (such as National Day and Chinese Spring Festival etc.).