Be treated to the best of ancient classical poetic Chinese garden art integrating the delights of village and town, then travel the waterways of historic Tongli, a town built on water over a thousand years ago.
|Vehicle||Airconditioned vehicle with licensed driver|
|Guide Service & Language||Professional English-speaking guide|
In the morning, your guide and driver will meet you at your hotel lobby. (Our guide will contact you in advance to confirm the pickup time). Departing from your hotel in our air-conditioned vehicle to the beautiful Suzhou to enjoy the remarkable Master of the Nets Garden. Take time to enjoy the atmosphere of the garden, typical of a private residential complex owned by several great Chinese scholars in different dynasties. Tranquil lakes surrounded by traditional gardens with strange stones, beautiful flowers and ancient trees invite contemplation. Stone tablets marked with scholars’ poems and articles reflect the history of the garden as a place that fostered intellectual pursuits. Buildings within the complex have been designed and placed to complement the gardens.
On this tour of beauty, history and wonder, you will then visit to Tongli, a dreamy picturesque water town, famed for its sprawling network of rivers, ancient bridges and the well preserved architecture of its residences. Gain an experience of daily living in this extraordinary place as you stroll the streets. After the tour in Tongli, you will be escorted back to your hotel in Shanghai.
Inclusions / Exclusions
- Admission fees: to sightseeing spots & activities specified.
- Activities specified in the itinerary.
- Excellent professional English-speaking guide.
- Ground transport in an air-conditioned vehicle with licensed driver as specified.
- Pick up and return to your hotel.
- Travel Agency Liability Insurance during the tour.
- Government taxes & fees.
- International/domestic flights and trains to/from Shanghai.
- China visa.
- Gratuities to guides and drivers and any expense of personal nature.
- Hotel accommodation.
- Meals: Lunch is excluded allowing you flexibility around meal choices. Your guide will make recommendations and order for you, if required. Dinner is left to your own arrangement.
- Boat ride in Tongli Water Town.
- Our tour package does not include travel insurance. Please purchase travel insurance before your trip to provide for any unforeseen circumstances.
- This is a private tour for your group of family or friends. No other travelers will join you. It’s always available for your schedule!
- Smart casual dress and comfortable walking shoes are recommended.
- Prices based on twin occupancy.
- The prices shown above are not valid during China’s Official Holidays (such as National Day and Chinese Spring Festival etc.).