Enjoy a day of contrasts as you travel to and from the day’s destination in a high speed train, to take pleasure in the peace and beauty of the famous West Lake located in the middle of a modern city.
|Vehicle||Airconditioned vehicle with licensed driver|
|Guide Service & Language||Professional English-speaking guide|
In the morning, your guide and driver will meet you at your hotel lobby. (Our guide will contact you in advance to confirm the pickup time) and transfer you to the train station to board the high speed train to Hangzhou. Awaiting you in Hangzhou is the vast West Lake, the UNESCO World Heritage Site, a place of beauty, legend and wonder, in the middle of this bustling modern city. Your local guide in Hangzhou will take you on a memorable walk to see the famous Broken Bridge, Su Causeway and Red Carp Pond, along the way relaying the folk stories behind them.
Then travel with your guide to see the renowned Lingyin Temple, standing on the western corner of West Lake, which dates back to 326 AD. Discover the beautiful carvings and paintings on the walls and ceilings in different halls. Appreciate the strong Buddhist belief of the worshippers and burn some incense in the spirit of the occasion. Follow your guide to view inscriptions at Feilai Peak, the most famous of which are Happy Buddha and Eighteen Arhats.
At the end of the tour, you will be escorted to the train station for the high speed train back to Shanghai. Upon arrival, you will be met and taken to your hotel.
Inclusions / Exclusions
- Admission fees: to sightseeing spots & activities specified.
- Activities specified in the itinerary.
- Return high speed train tickets Shanghai/Hangzhou (2nd class seats).
- Excellent professional English-speaking guide.
- Ground transport in an air-conditioned vehicle with licensed driver as specified.
- Pick up and return to your hotel.
- Travel Agency Liability Insurance during the tour.
- Government taxes & fees.
- International/domestic flights and trains to/from Shanghai.
- China visa.
- Gratuities to guides and drivers and any expense of personal nature.
- Hotel accommodation.
- Meals: Meals are excluded. Your guide will make recommendations and order for you, if required.
- Our tour package does not include travel insurance. Please purchase travel insurance before your trip to protect for any unforeseen circumstances.
- This is a private tour for your group of family or friends. No other travelers will join you. It’s always available for your schedule.
- Smart casual dress and comfortable walking shoes are recommended.
- Prices based on twin occupancy.
- The prices shown above are not valid during China’s Official Holidays (such as National Day and Chinese Spring Festival etc.).