Perfect for a short stay in Shanghai or layover, this two day tour provides the opportunity to visit Shanghai’s inner city highlights, while also taking a step back in time with a visit to Zhujiajiao Water Town. Commence the adventure in Shanghai’s heartbeat visiting The Bund and Yuyuan Garden. For a more contemporary perspective on this international city, you’ll experience Starbuck’s China-style, as well as the advancing AI and drone technology industry which is thriving here. For a step back in time, have the opportunity to see firsthand what China was like 1,700 years ago when you explore Zhujiajiao Water Town. Top off the two days of touring by scaling to new heights at Shanghai Tower. Not for the faint-hearted! Ideal for those who are short on time and want a rounded experience of this part of China, this tour is exceptional value and can be added on to any other travel arrangements in China. Ready to explore? Let’s book you in!
|Vehicle||Air-conditioned vehicle with licensed driver|
|Guide Service & Language||Professional English-speaking guide|
Your guide and driver will wait for you in your hotel lobby (our guide will contact you in advance to confirm the pickup time). Gain an insight to the life and prestige of local merchants from times past when you visit Yuyuan Garden. The beautifully designed buildings and stunning gardens are a welcome reprieve from Shanghai’s big city bustle. You’ll find plenty to capture in beautiful travel memories. Stroll around the nearby Chenghuangmiao bazaars and pay a visit of Shanghai Old Street nearby, get a taste of local cusine like Nanxiang dumplings. Afterwards travel with your guide to the Starbucks Reserve Roastery Shanghai, one of the largest Starbucks in the world. Here you can grab a cup of coffee and immerse yourself in the process for how the beans are roasted and finally make their way to the coffee cup, then stroll along The Bund. Famous for its location in proximity to the trading centre of Shanghai, the Bund is an outstanding example of old Shanghai glamour. When you arrive in Jinlin Road, take a ferry cross the Huangpu River to the Pudong area, where you’ll discover the Lujiazui Financial Centre. For those without a fear of heights, take advantage of the opportunity to scale the tallest building in Shanghai, Shanghai Tower. At the top, take in a 360 degree view of the central Shanghai and beyond. Come down to earth and return to your hotel for the conclusion of today’s tour activities.
Meals included: Lunch
Prepare yourself for a step back in time as today’s exploration takes you to the ancient water town that is located closest to Shanghai. After breakfast, you’ll be collected from the hotel by your local guide and driver and transported in airconditioned comfort to Zhujiajiao Water Town with its 1,700 year history. While there will be an opportunity to wander, you’ll also have the chance to meander through the ancient village in a row boat if you choose (optional activity). A stark contrast to the contemporary highrises of central Shanghai, Zhujiajiao Water Town offers an insight to what life was once like.
Return to Shanghai and make a worthwhile detour to the Shikumen Museum in New Spot (XinTianDi) for a true taste of old world Shanghai and Shanghai Longtang. Make a stop and visit Dji Drones Xintiandi Store, and acquaint yourself with advanced AI and drone technology that is now a thriving industry in China. The tour concludes when you are returned to your your hotel.
Meals included: None
Inclusions / Exclusions
- Admission fees: to sightseeing spots and activities specified
- Activities specified in the itinerary
- Meals: as specified in the itinerary
- Excellent professional English-speaking guide
- Ground transport in an air-conditioned vehicle with licensed driver as specified
- Ferry ride from Puxi to Pudong area
- Travel agency liability insurance during the tour
- Government taxes and fees.
- International/domestic flights and trains to/from Shanghai
- China visa
- Hotel accommodation
- Gratuities to guides and drivers and any expense of personal nature
- Meals: lunches and dinner are excluded allowing you flexibility around meal choices. Your guide will make recommendations and order for you, if required.
- Our tour package does not include travel insurance. Please purchase travel insurance before your trip to provide for any unforeseen circumstances.
- This is a private tour for your group of family or friends. No other travelers will join you. It’s always available for your schedule!
- Smart casual dress and comfortable walking shoes are recommended.
- Prices based on twin occupancy.
- The prices shown above are not valid during China’s Official Holidays (such as National Day and Chinese Spring Festival etc.).