Traditional Miao villages hold great appeal for the traveler wanting an authentic experience of China, and the Qingman, Shiqiao, and Matang each offer their own appeal on this one day private tour. Travel comfortably between the villages and appreciate the opportunity for direct contact with locals who are proud to showcase and share their traditions, culture, craftsmanship, and creations. Observe the subtle differerences between each village and relish the opportunity to see the way local Miao people continue to respect and preserve their heritage, even in the face of rapid contemporary change. Offering a unique window to a China rarely seen, this one day tour includes an enthusiastic English speaking guide and all transfers. It can be booked as a discrete tour or in conjunction with other tours throughout Guiyang. Just ask us how!
|Vehicle||Air-conditioned vehicle with licensed driver|
|Guide Service & Language||Professional English-speaking guide|
Start your tour when your local guide and driver meet you at your hotel in Guiyang and drive 2.5 hours to Kaili where you’ll spend the morning exploring the Qingman Miao Village.
Be welcomed by local Miao girls who perform in the vibrantly colorful costumes form such an important part of their cultural tradition. Locals may even toast you with home-made rice wine on entry to the village.
Enjoy a leisurely pace of exploration as you stroll through the village, admiring the wooden stilt houses of typical Miao ethnic architecture and learn interesting facts about traditional life along the way. Discover the significance of hand crafts for the Miao when you observe the skill of Miao women weaving, embroidering and sewing traditional clothes in the same way they have over time. Appreciate the ancient textile process, delicate embroidery, ancient dyeing skills and other exquisite ethnic arts and crafts. Before heading to Shiqiao there will be time for lunch, giving you an opportunity to experience the local cuisine.
From here the guide will lead you to Shiqiao Miao Village, renowned for its picturesque landscape, inviting customs and a technique for paper making that has endured 1500 years. Marvel at the incredibly skilled craftsmen as they turn tree bark into smooth white and colored paper and decorations, rarely seen elsewhere in this modern, fast-paced world.
The final stop on tour is Matang Ge Village, a mecca for those keenly interested in the creations designed and crafted by local Gejia artisans. Delight in the renowned blue Geija batik fabrics and traditional embroidery, which are coveted by local and international travelers as treasured mementos. At the conclusion of the day’s exploration, you will be returned to your hotel in Guiyang.
Note: Our local guide will contact you in advance to arrange the pick up time from your hotel.
Note: There is much to see and do in and around Guiyang for the nature lover and traveler who wants to dive deep into a country’s culture. If that’s you, why not take advantage of the opportunity while you’re in the region and combine this day tour with any number of other small group or private tours. Making travel plans like this is easy. Just let us know and we’ll take care of all the details. Just ask us!
Inclusions / Exclusions
- Admission fees: to sightseeing spots and activities specified
- Activities specified in the itinerary
- Excellent professional English speaking guide
- Ground transport in an air-conditioned vehicle with licensed driver as specified
- Pick up and return to your hotel
- Travel agency liability insurance during the tour
- Government taxes and fees.
- International / domestic flights and trains to/from Guiyang
- China visa
- Gratuities to guides and drivers and any expense of personal nature.
- Hotel accommodation
- Meals: Meals are excluded. Your guide will make recommendations and order for you, if required.
- Our tour package does not include travel insurance. Please purchase travel insurance before your trip to protect for any unforeseen circumstances.
- This is a private tour for your group of family or friends. No other travelers will join you. It’s always available for your schedule!
- Smart casual dress and comfortable walking shoes are recommended.
- Prices based on twin occupancy.
- The prices shown above are not valid during China’s Official Holidays (such as National Day and Chinese Spring Festival etc.).