Considered the ideal way to appreciate the Dong minority culture, this one day tour to Zhaoxing Dong Village is a charming experience for the traveler interested in knowing the real heart of China. Minority cultures abound in China, however there are few which are preserved as well or authentically as that of the Dong people. Enjoy the unhurried pace of the day’s activities which commence with a bullet train ride from Guiyang to Congjiang. Travel by car to Zhaoxing Dong Village for the opportunity to see and experience the architecture, traditions, culture, and crafts of the people. Enjoy local food and wander through a unique outdoor eco-museum that authentically presents the way of life still followed by the Dong people today. Inclusive of all transfers and a knowledgeable English-speaking guide, this private tour can be integrated with other tours in the region, including visits to the Kaili Miao Villages and Zhenyuan Ancient Town.
|Vehicle||Air-conditioned vehicle with licensed driver|
|Guide Service & Language||Professional English-speaking guide|
Start your tour when your local guide and driver meet you at your hotel in Guiyang.
The highlight of today is time spent with people from the Dong minority culture, and the adventure starts when you board the bullet train for a 1.5 hour journey to Congjiang. Here you’ll be met and transferred by airconditioned car to Zhaoxing Dong Village, considered the most beautiful of all the Dong villages.
Among the architectural features of note is the Drum Tower cluster, which is comprised of five drum towers all differing in appearance, height, size and style. Admire the unique architectural style of the wind-rain bridge, with its practical and romantic background and take pleasure in the Dong people’s love of performance evident in the five drama stages.
Continue your exploration of the fascinating Zhaoxing Dong Village with a visit to the ecological museum – essentially a ‘living’ museum (not an actual building) where visitors can observe and learn about the local customs, traditions, lifestyle, architecture, and crafts of the Dong people.
At the conclusion of the day, enjoy the return bullet train trip to Guiyang, where you’ll be escorted back to your hotel in Guiyang by the guide.
Note: Our local guide will contact you in advance to arrange the pick up time from your hotel.
Note: There is much to see and do in and around Guiyang for the nature lover and traveler who wants to dive deep into a country’s culture. If that’s you, why not take advantage of the opportunity while you’re in the region and combine this day tour with any number of other small group or private tours. Making travel plans like this is easy. Just let us know and we’ll take care of all the details. Just ask us!
Inclusions / Exclusions
- Admission fees: to sightseeing spots and activities specified
- Activities specified in the itinerary
- Excellent professional English speaking guide
- Ground transport in an air-conditioned vehicle with licensed driver as specified
- Return bullet train tickets for travel Guiyang/Congjiang/Guiyang (2nd class seats)
- Pick up and return to your hotel
- Travel agency liability insurance during the tour
- Government taxes and fees.
- International / domestic flights and trains to/from Guiyang
- China visa
- Gratuities to guides and drivers and any expense of personal nature.
- Hotel accommodation
- Meals: Meals are excluded. Your guide will make recommendations and order for you, if required.
- Our tour package does not include travel insurance. Please purchase travel insurance before your trip to protect for any unforeseen circumstances.
- This is a private tour for your group of family or friends. No other travelers will join you. It’s always available for your schedule!
- Smart casual dress and comfortable walking shoes are recommended.
- Prices based on twin occupancy.
- The prices shown above are not valid during China’s Official Holidays (such as National Day and Chinese Spring Festival etc.).