Take a one day tour through Huangshan history by visiting highlights that profile the commercial, cultural, and human history of Huangshan. Make a stop at Huizhou Ancient City, considered unique for the way it has preserved architecture and more from the Ming and Qing Dynasties. Learn about the significance of the many archways in Huangshan by visiting the most well known of these, the Tangyue Memorial Archway, which commemorates people who’s noble acts defined them. Accompanied by a local English speaking guide and inclusive of all transfers, this one day private tour can be integrated with other single or multi-day tours in and around Huangshan or anywhere else in China. Enquire now.
|Vehicle||Air-conditioned vehicle with licensed driver|
|Guide Service & Language||Professional English-speaking guide|
Start your tour when your local guide and driver meet you at your hotel in Huangshan City. (Our guide will contact you in advance to confirm the pickup time.)
For the first part of today’s adventure travel to Shexian County where you’ll have the chance to discover Huizhou culture at Huizhou Ancient City. Noted for the way in which the ancient architecture of the town has remain intact for nearly a thousand years, Huizhou Ancient City provides an insight into life as it once was in this corner of China.
While you are here, pass through the Xuguo Stone Memorial Archway, one of about 250 archways in Huangshan. A typical example of Ming Dynasty design, the archway features unique carvings that commemorate a noted local diplomat and minister.
A brief stop is made at the old county government building before moving onto Doushan Street with its original Hui-style houses and courtyards adorned with elegant carvings.
Round out the day’s tour with a drive to Tangyue Memorial Archway to learn about the history and culture of Hui Merchants’. Here you can explore Bao’s Family Garden, a historically significant private garden in Southern China, which showcases the traditional craft of ‘potted landscapes’. An incredible 10,000 such landscapes are to be found here, providing much to take in before the return trip to Huangshan City where your tour concludes.
Note: There is much to see and do in and around Huangshan City. This one day tour can be combined with any other small group or private tours, allowing you to take advantage of your available time in Huangshan City. We can take care of all the arrangements. Just ask us!
Inclusions / Exclusions
- Admission fees: to sightseeing spots and activities specified
- Activities specified in the itinerary
- Excellent professional English-speaking guide
- Ground transport in air-conditioned vehicle with licensed driver
- Pick up and return to your hotel
- Travel agency liability insurance during the tour
- Government taxes and fees.
- International/domestic flights/trains to/from Huangshan City
- China visa
- Gratuities to guides and drivers and any expense of personal nature
- Meals: Meals are excluded. Your guide will make recommendations and order for you, if required.
- Hotel accommodation
- Our tour package does not include travel insurance. Please purchase travel insurance before your trip to protect for any unforeseen circumstances.
- This is a private tour for your group of family or friends. No other travelers will join you. It’s always available for your schedule!
- Smart casual dress and comfortable walking shoes are recommended.
- Prices based on twin occupancy.
- The prices shown above are not valid during China’s Official Holidays (such as National Day and Chinese Spring Festival etc.).