Take a welcome break from the ancient built wonders and busyness of China to enjoy spectacular natural scenery. Be thrilled by precipitous peaks and challenging structures that take you up close and personal with natural wonders and travel through a gallery of post-card scenic beauty.
|Vehicle||Airconditioned vehicle with licensed driver|
|Guide Service & Language||Professional English-speaking guide|
Upon arrival in Zhangjiajie, your guide and driver will greet you and transfer you to the pre-booked hotel. The rest of the day is available for you to enjoy at your leisure.
Meals included: None
After breakfast, the day’s sightseeing begins with a visit to Zhangjiajie National Forest Park, which has a variety of scenic areas featuring unique sandstone landforms. A cable car ride will take you to the top of Tianzi Mountain, where you gain a “bird’s eye view” of the amazing scenery below with its grotesque rocks. You will take a shuttle bus to Yuanjiajie Scenic Area to enjoy splendid views of the ‘garden in heaven’ as you become immersed in the misty fairyland full of sky-kissing ancient trees, mossy stones and peculiar rocks. The prototype of “Hallelujah Mountains” in the film Avatar is top highlight in this area. Lunch will be well deserved, whether purchased from local vendors at the many rural inns and restaurants or prepared beforehand and brought with you.
Resume your tour after lunch with a walk to the Bailong Elevator, the highest and fastest glass elevator in the world, for a speedy descent to the bottom. A shuttle bus will then take you to the Ten-mile Natural Gallery. From a small train, marvel at the misty karst landscape, thick woods and grotesque rocks, dotted with villages, streams and farms as the train meanders along the valley floor. At the end of the day you will be returned to your hotel.
Meals included: Breakfast
After breakfast today, your guide will take you to the precipitous Tianmen Mountain. Be prepared for an intense, breathtaking experience taking the world’s longest cable car to the mountain top and walking the glass Sky Walk 1430 meters above the ground. An escalator built through the mountain leads to Tianmen Cave, a naturally formed hole in the mountain. It is an ideal place to take photos of the stunning natural landscape and the 999 steps leading to the foot of the cave. An escalator will take you down the mountain to catch the shuttle bus for the thrill of travelling the 99 bends while the bus winds downhill. The wonderful tour to Tianmen Mountain concludes and you will be transferred to the airport or the train station for your next destination.
Meals included: Breakfast
Notes for this tour:
To save time and avoid long queues, your guide may alter the attraction sequence accordingly.
Difficulty: Older visitors with mobility issues may find this trip challenging. Those travelling with babies, trollies or wheel chairs will find the scenic spots difficult to manage.
Dress code: Smart casual and comfortable walking shoes are recommended.
Walking: This tour includes a moderate amount of walking, offset by the cable car and shuttle bus.
Season to avoid: summer vacation from July to August, national holiday from October 1-7.
Useful items: Sun protection is needed in summer and umbrellas are suggested in spring.
Unscheduled changes or restrictions imposed by the Zhangjiajie Local Management Center. The itinerary may result in adjustments to the itinerary. The guide will advise of these changes as soon as they become available.
Inclusions / Exclusions
- Admission fees: to sightseeing spots & activities specified.
- Activities specified in the itinerary.
- Excellent professional English-speaking guide.
- Ground transport in an air-conditioned vehicle with licensed driver as specified.
- Accommodation: 4-star or 5-star hotels with breakfast based on double/twin occupancy as specified.
- Cable car rides, Sky Walk and Bailong elevator.
- Travel Agency Liability Insurance during the tour.
- Government taxes & fees.
- International/domestic flights and trains to/from Zhangjiajie.
- China visa.
- Gratuities to guides and drivers and any expense of personal nature.
- Meals: Lunches and dinners are excluded allowing you flexibility around meal choices. Your guide will make recommendations and order for you, if required.
- Our tour package does not include travel insurance. Please purchase travel insurance before your trip to provide for any unforeseen circumstances.
- This is a private tour for your group of family or friends. No other travelers will join you. It’s always available for your schedule!
- Smart casual dress and comfortable walking shoes are recommended.
- Prices based on twin occupancy.
- The prices shown above are not valid during China’s Official Holidays (such as National Day and Chinese Spring Festival etc.).