A two day adventure for nature lovers who want to experience something special. Launch your tour from Xian and enjoy the drive to Donghan Folk Art Village. Discover the art and crafts created by peasants that flourished here during the peak of the Communist revolution. From here, you’ll drive on to Foping and enjoy and overnight stay. In the morning join your guide in exploration of the Foping National Natural Reserve, where the opportunity to see wild giant pandas, golden monkeys, and leopards in their natural habitat if you’re patient and persistent enough. A return drive to Xian wraps up this tour that offers the chance to see real China. Inclusive of transfers, English speaking guide, meals as specified, and more, you are welcome to combine this with any other arrangements you have for traveling through China. Let us help customize the perfect China tour for you.
|Vehicle||Air-conditioned vehicle with licensed driver|
|Guide Service & Language||Professional English-speaking guide|
In the morning of day one of this tour, you will be collected from your hotel in Xian, with the pick up time confirmed in advance by the guide. Leave the bustle of big city Xian and relax on the three hour drive to Foping.
On route, there will be time for a short stop at the Donghan Folk Art Village. Special for many reasons, Donghan Folk Art Village has gained a reputation for the artwork created here by the local peasants. Known as the ‘peasant painters’, they have been recognised internationally for the naïve, colourful style of their painting. Now other crafts like paper cutting, embroidery and folk cloth shoes are also made and displayed here. Later in the afternoon, arrive in Foping, where you’ll be checked into your hotel for an overnight stay.
Meals included: None
Note: While no meals are included in today’s itinerary, your guide is always available to assist with identifying suitable local dining options, including ordering meals, if required.
After breakfast in the morning, you will be greeted by your guide. The day’s exploring commences with exploration of the Foping National Nature Reserve, located in the Qinling Mountains. Here you can enjoy the wonderful opportunity to see wild giant pandas, golden monkeys, and leopards in their natural habitat; a rare experience indeed. Although patience is required to capture beautiful photographic travel memories of the landscape and treasured animals that live in it, there is no doubting that it’s certainly worth the wait.
After making the most of the opportunity to explore here, enjoy a relaxing return trip to your Xian hotel, reflecting on your two day adventure.
Meals included: Breakfast
Inclusions / Exclusions
- Admission fees: to sightseeing spots and activities specified
- Activities as specified in the itinerary
- Excellent professional English-speaking guide
- Ground transport in an air-conditioned vehicle with licensed driver as specified
- 4-Star hotel accommodation with breakfast, based on double/twin occupancy as specified
- Travel agency liability insurance during the tour
- Government taxes and fees
- International/Domestic flights and trains to/from Xian
- China visa
- Gratuities to guides and drivers and any expense of personal nature
- Meals: Lunches and dinners are excluded allowing you flexibility around meal choices. Your guide will make recommendations and order for you, if required
- Our tour package does not include travel insurance. Please purchase travel insurance before your trip to provide for any unforeseen circumstances.
- This is a private tour for your group of family or friends. No other travelers will join you. It’s always available for your schedule!
- Smart casual dress and comfortable walking shoes are recommended.
- Prices based on twin occupancy.
- The prices shown above are not valid during China’s Official Holidays (such as National Day and Chinese Spring Festival etc.).