Enjoy in this tour an interesting blend of ancient built environment with its own wonderful characteristics, combined with challenging hikes around the magnificent quirky natural scenery of one of China’s sacred, mystical mountains.
|Vehicle||Air-conditioned vehicle with licensed driver|
|Guide Service & Language||Professional English-speaking guide|
Upon arrival in Huangshan City, your guide and driver will greet you and transfer you to the pre-booked hotel for check-in, before preparing for a visit to Tunxi Old Street. Take your time strolling the street, exploring the local culture, sampling delicacies or tea, investigating the local crafts, maybe having calligraphy prepared to order. Should you choose to have dinner here, your guide will be happy to recommend some highly rated local restaurants. After a satisfying day you will be returned to the hotel.
Meals included: None
Be prepared for an amazing venture today combining hiking and a cable car ride to reach the sheer delight of being surrounded by phenomenal natural wonders.
Good to know:
You will have an overnight stay on the mountain today. It is recommended to travel light by taking just some carry-on items when hiking, adding a jacket. Your guide will help you with storage of heavy luggage. In addition, for environmental protection hotels on the mountain will not provide disposable toiletries, so please carry your own.
Following breakfast in the comfort of the hotel, a one hour drive will take you to the foot of Mt Huangshan. Your full day guided tour of the mountain begins with a ten minute Yungu cable car ride, the easiest way to the top and a chance to appreciate magnificent scenery of forested rugged peaks. On a relaxed hike to Begin-to-Believe Peak, you’ll encounter numerous distorted pines and rocks and breathtaking views, including Black Tiger Pine and Flower Blooming on a Brush Tip.
A buffet lunch is arranged at a hotel on the mountain. Hiking then continues to West Sea Grand Canyon, carefully descending the steep cliff, while admiring truly incredible landscapes of peaks towering through clouds. Almost four hours is needed for a round trip of the area covering three essential parts: 1st ring; 2nd ring; and bottom of the canyon. As the stairs are steep and narrow all the way, this trip is best suited to those in good health with sturdy knees. Following a hike back to the hotel, you’ll enjoy a buffet dinner and an overnight stay.
Meals included: Breakfast, Buffet Lunch & Dinner
Weather permitting you may see the amazingly beautiful spectacle of Mt Huangshan at sunrise.
If staying in the Beihai Hotel, fantastic sunrise scenery can be viewed at Lion Peak. Purple Cloud Peak is the best view point near Xihai Hotel. Hotels on the mountain will forecast the weather and the probability of catching sunrise scenery next day.
After having breakfast at the hotel, continue to explore features such as the Flying over Rock and Bright Summit. Hear amazing stories and legends as you marvel at the ever-changing sea of clouds and take in the panoramic vista of forest, valley and peaks, before hiking back to catch the Yungu cable car down to the foot of the mountain.
Indulge further your appreciation of the natural environment, especially when blended aesthetically, Hui-style, with the 900 year old built environment of Hongcun Village.
Layout and architecture dates from the Ming and Qing dynasties. Note the artistry in the beautiful wood carvings adorning buildings as you soak up picturesque rural scenery featured in the movie “Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon”. Add to your own memories before being driven to check in at Pig’s Inn in Bishan Village, an authentic traditional guest house tucked in a Qing Dynasty courtyard. Here bikes can be hired to explore the tranquil environment and idyllic surroundings.
Meals included: Breakfast
Following breakfast travel to Xidi Village which has remained relatively unchanged for almost a thousand years. Note a sense of prosperity and power gleaned from the splendor of former merchant homes with grandiose courtyard gardens, quaint lattice windows, wonderful wall paintings and intricate wood or stone carvings. Soak up the charm of the village as you roam the lanes.
At the end of our Huangshan tour you will be transferred to the airport or train station for the departure to your next destination.
Meals included: Breakfast
Inclusions / Exclusions
- Admission fees: to sightseeing spots & activities specified.
- Activities specified in the itinerary.
- Excellent professional English-speaking guide.
- Ground transport in an air-conditioned vehicle with licensed driver as specified.
- Accommodation: 4-star or 5-star hotels with breakfast based on double/twin occupancy as specified.
- Meals: Buffet lunch and dinner on Mt Huangshan.
- Shuttle bus to the foot of the mountain.
- Yungu cable car rides.
- Travel Agency Liability Insurance during the tour.
- Government taxes & fees.
- International/domestic flights and trains to/from Huangshan.
- China visa.
- Gratuities to guides and drivers and any expense of personal nature.
- Meals: Lunches and dinners are excluded (except on Mt Huangshan) allowing your flexibility around meal choices. Your guide will make recommendations and order for you, if required.
- Our tour package does not include travel insurance. Please purchase travel insurance before your trip to protect for any unforeseen circumstances.
- This is a private tour for your group of family or friends. No other travelers will join you. It’s always available for your schedule.
- Smart casual dress and comfortable walking shoes are recommended.
- Prices based on twin occupancy.
- The prices shown above are not valid during China’s Official Holidays (such as National Day and Chinese Spring Festival etc.).