A city unlike any other in China, Xian is lively, relaxed, and a must-see destination. This one day private tour is the chance to experience the ‘best of’ with exploration covering Xian’s iconic highlights: the beautifully preserved City Wall, The Great Mosque, Muslim Quarter, and Big Wild Goose Pagoda. Along the way, be entertained and informed by your knowledgeable guide, a passionate and and personable local resident ready to share their city with you. Over a full eight hours, enjoy air-conditioned travel in a new vehicle with driver, the opportunity to savour local street food, and gain panoramic views and personal insights to what life is and was like in Xian, the gateway to the Silk Road.
|Vehicle||Air-conditioned vehicle with licensed driver|
|Guide Service & Language||Professional English-speaking guide|
The treasures of Xian await when you are picked up from your hotel and start your tour. The day’s adventure commences with exploration of the nearly 14km Xian City Wall. Encircling the old city, and the best preserved of ancient fortifications in China, Xian’s City Wall takes you back in time. A stroll along the walkway reveals panoramic views of the surroundings and an understanding of the importance of this defensive system for the trade that started in Xian and then flourished along the ancient Silk Road. In the middle of the old block of Xian stands the Great Mosque, the oldest and largest Islamic mosque in the country, believed to have been built in the mid-7th century. The Arabic and Chinese depictions on the walls are relics from the city’s important trading days at the start of the Silk Road, reflecting the diversity of cultures which traded and settled in Xian. Contemplation is natural as you wander through the beautiful traditional Chinese gardens. Within walking distance from the Great Mosque is bustling Muslim Quarter, one of the best food streets in Xian where you can find delicious local eats and trade for souvenirs. Enjoy free time to explore and savour tastes (or get advice from your guide). Following lunch make the most of a short stopover at the nearby Drum and Bell Tower Square. Relax as you capture memorable photos and ponder the change in communications from the drum of old to the smart phone of today. Move on to the Big Wild Goose Pagoda, one of the most significant Buddhist pagodas in Xian, where you can observe Xian’s 1,400 years of history. Mix with locals can going about their daily activities on a peaceful walk in the temple, and there may even be an opportunity to enter at the top of the Big Wild Goose Pagoda for a spectular view. Your guide and diver will escort to back to your hotel at which time your day tour will conclude.
Inclusions / Exclusions
- Admission fees: to sightseeing spots and activities specified
- Activities as specified in the itinerary
- Excellent professional English-speaking guide
- Ground transport in an air-conditioned vehicle with licensed driver as specified
- Pick up and return to your hotel
- Travel agency liability insurance during the tour
- Government taxes and fees
- International/domestic flights and trains to/from Xian
- China visa
- Hotel accommodation
- Gratuities to guides and drivers and any expense of personal nature
- Meals: Meals are excluded. Your guide will make recommendations and order for you, if required.
- Our tour package does not include travel insurance. Please purchase travel insurance before your trip to protect for any unforeseen circumstances.
- This is a private tour for your group of family or friends. No other travelers will join you. It’s always available for your schedule!
- Smart casual dress and comfortable walking shoes are recommended.
- Prices based on twin occupancy.
- The prices shown above are not valid during China’s Official Holidays (such as National Day and Chinese Spring Festival etc.).