Enjoy a day of relaxed sightseeing that allows you to dive deep into some of China’s most intriguing history. You’ll be transported in an airconditioned vehicle with a driver and English speaking guide and make a first stop at Famen Temple, a sacred place for Buddhists, now and in the past. Fascinating Tang Dynasty treasures await at the museum there. Be sure to take the time to appreciate it all. In the afternoon, the tour shifts to the impressive Qian Mausoleum, where several notable Tang Dynasty personalities are interred, among them, Empress Wu Zetian, China’s only Empress. The story behind every person buried at the mauseleum is intriguing and your guide will share insights to the life and times of dynastic court life. After ample time to wander you’ll be returned to your hotel in the late afternoon.
|Vehicle||Air-conditioned vehicle with licensed driver|
|Guide Service & Language||Professional English-speaking guide|
You will be collected from your hotel in Xian, with the pick up time confirmed in advance by the guide. Leave the bustle of big city Xian and relax on the three hour drive to Famen Temple, considered a place of great reverence for Buddhists to pray and pay their respects to Sakyamuni Buddha. Explore the museum with its rich trove of Tang dynasty artefacts, including more than a thousand sacrificial objects and offerings discovered after heavy rains in 1981 weakened the temple structure.
From here, drive another hour before arriving at the Qianling Mausoleum. The final resting place of members of the House of Li, a Tang dynasty imperial family, this mausoleum has special significance as it is where China’s only female empress was buried. Your guide will share the secrets and intrigue that surrounded the court of Empress Wuzetian, as well as her achievements from the prosperous Tang dynasty period. At the conclusion of the day’s tour, your guide and driver will escort you back to your hotel.
Inclusions / Exclusions
- Admission fees: to sightseeing spots and activities specified
- Activities as specified in the itinerary
- Excellent professional English-speaking guide
- Ground transport in an air-conditioned vehicle with licensed driver as specified
- Battery car ride in Famen Temple
- Pick up and return to your hotel
- Travel agency liability insurance during the tour
- Government taxes and fees.
- International/domestic flights and trains to/from Xian
- China visa
- Hotel accommodation
- Gratuities to guides and drivers and any expense of personal nature
- Meals: lunch is excluded allowing you flexibility around meal choices.Your guide will make recommendations and order for you, if required. Dinner is left to your own arrangement.
- Our tour package does not include travel insurance. Please purchase travel insurance before your trip to provide for any unforeseen circumstances.
- This is a private tour for your group of family or friends. No other travelers will join you. It’s always available for your schedule.
- Smart casual dress and comfortable walking shoes are recommended.
- Prices based on price per person.
- The prices shown above are not valid during China’s Official Holidays (such as National Day and Chinese Spring Festival etc.).