On this tour of Xi’an you are exposed to a memorable mix: the architectural, cultural and religious diversity of the start of the legendary Silk Road and amazing archaeological finds.
|Vehicle||Airconditioned vehicle with licensed driver|
|Guide Service & Language||Professional English-speaking guide|
The treasures of Xi’an await when you are picked up from your hotel and start your tour. Highlight of the day is the world-renowned Terracotta Army dating from 210 BC. Be amazed by the unparalleled scale and detail of the thousands of individual terracotta warriors, horses and chariots, arranged in battle formation, that stand guard in the underground tomb of the powerful first Emperor of China, Qin, to protect him in the afterlife.
Following a drive back downtown you will be able to explore sections of the 13.75 km Xi’an City Wall encircling the old city, the best preserved of ancient fortifications in China. A stroll along the walkway reveals panoramic views of the surroundings and an understanding of the importance of this defensive system for the trade that flourished along the ancient Silk Road. In the middle of the old block of Xi’an stands the Great Mosque, the oldest and largest Islamic mosque in the country, believed to have been built in the mid-7th century. The Arabic and Chinese depictions on the walls are relics from the city’s important trading days at the start of the Silk Road, reflecting the diversity of cultures which traded and settled in Xi’an. You will be transferred back to your hotel at the end of the tour.
Inclusions / Exclusions
- Admission fees: to sightseeing spots & activities specified.
- Activities as specified in the itinerary.
- Excellent professional English-speaking guide.
- Ground transport in an air-conditioned vehicle with licensed driver as specified.
- Pick up and return to hotel.
- Travel Agency Liability Insurance during the tour.
- Government taxes & fees.
- International/domestic flights and trains to/from Xi’an.
- China visa fees.
- Hotel Accommodations.
- Gratuities to guides & drivers and any expense of personal nature.
- Meals: Meals are excluded. Your guide will make recommendations and order for you, if required.
- Our tour package does not include Travel Insurance. Please purchase the Travel Insurance before your trip to protect for any unforeseen circumstances.
- This is a private tour for your group of family or friends. No other travelers will join you. It’s always available for your schedule.
- Smart casual dress and comfortable walking shoes are recommended.
- Prices based on price per person.
- The prices shown above are not valid during China’s Official Holidays (such as National Day and Chinese Spring Festival etc.).