The basic city tour provides you the experience of feeling the contrast between the National Palace Museum and Taipei 101, tasting Din Tai Fung’s world known bite-sized soup dumplings, visiting the local’s favourite Ximending shopping area.
|Vehicle||Air conditioned vehicle with licensed driver|
|Guide Service & Language||Professional English-speaking guide|
Upon arrival in Taipei in the morning, you will be met at the airport by your guide and start your Taipei city tour. Visit to the world-famous National Palace Museum where you will discover the museum’s remarkable collection of 700,000 plus artifacts, treasures, and antiquities that transport you through Chinese history. Enjoy lunch at the celebrated Din Tai Fung for the famous Xiao Long Bao (stuffed steamed buns) ordered with the assistance of your guide. Alternately, enjoy the authentic Taiwanese food in a local’s favorite restaurant. Spend the afternoon enthralled by the bird’s-eye panoramic view of Taipei city and well beyond by taking the lift 89 storeys to enjoy the Taipei 101 Observatory. To round up the day, enjoy shopping and eating at Ximending, Taipei’s cultural heart and coolest neighborhood. You will then be transferred to the airport for your departure flight. Your Taipei city tour concludes.
Note: Due to closure of the National Palace Museum each Monday, your tour guide may adjust your itinerary. Lunch is at your own arrangement, although your guide is happy to assist with recommendations and ordering, if required.
Inclusions / Exclusions
- Admission fees: to sightseeing spots and activities specified
- Activities specified in the itinerary
- Excellent professional English-speaking guide
- Ground transport in air-conditioned vehicle with licensed driver
- Pick up and send to Taoyuan International Airport
- Travel agency liability insurance during the tour
- Government taxes and fees.
- International flights to/from Taipei
- Gratuities to guides and drivers and any expense of personal nature
- Hotel accommodation
- Meals: Lunch is excluded allowing you flexibility around meal choices. Your guide is able to make recommendations and order for you, if required. Dinner is left to your own arrangement.
- Our tour package does not include travel insurance. Please purchase travel insurance before your trip to provide for any unforeseen circumstances.
Important information – FOR PRIVATE TOUR
- This is a private tour for your group of family or friends. There will be no other travelers in the group apart from you. It’s always available for your schedule!
- Smart casual dress and comfortable walking shoes are recommended.
- Prices based on twin occupancy.
- The prices shown are not valid during any official holidays (including National Day , New Year’s Day and Chinese Spring Festival etc.).
- The itinerary may be adjusted due to any unforeseen circumstances.
- Optional tours to other destinations are also available.
- Any city not included in the existing tour package can be blended into a private tour with additional costs.
- Arrangements for entering and exiting Taiwan from / to Hong Kong and Indochina are also available.
- Stays at Taipei can be extended upon your request incurring an extra cost.
General Important Information
After purchase, you will receive a receipt and a Purchase Confirmation email with a Passenger Information Form. The Passenger Information Form must be completed within 72 hours of the purchase.
Any special requests, preferences and optional extras MUST be clearly stated in your Passenger Information Form. Any change requested after submitting your Passenger Information Form cannot be guaranteed, is strictly subject to availability and will incur surcharges as outlined in the Schedule of Fees below.
On purchasing this tour product, you are bound by the General Terms and Conditions, in addition to the specific terms and conditions outlined in this Important Information.
Please note: Online credit card payment and PayPal payments incur surcharges.
Tour Start Dates
Private and custom tours can be scheduled to commence on any day. Multi-day small group tours start on set dates as indicated in the booking calendar for the specific tour.
Cities for Commencement of Tours
Taipei for multi-day small group, and most private tours, unless otherwise specified.
Any city for custom tours.
Standard seat for five star (Luxury) and four stars (Superior) tour packages.
Air-conditioned vehicle with licensed driver.
Accommodation options are available for early arrival prior to commencement of tour. Bookings can be made online prior to checkout or arrangements can be made with a ChinaTours.com travel consultant.
Accommodation options for staying behind after completion of tour are available. Bookings can be made online prior to checkout, or arrangements can be made with a ChinaTours.com travel consultant.
All tour guides of ChinaTours.com are bilingual speakers with intimate knowledge of an area, its culture, and history. These licensed, qualified experts will share their abundant knowledge on history, art, architecture and culture of destinations. ChinaTours.com does not operate commission-based shopping tours, which means our tour guides do not receive commissions for commission-based shopping stops.
A private driver-guide will be arranged for 1-2 travelers tour group.
Small Group Size:
The maximum number of passengers in a multi-day small group tour is 12 people.
Optional tour activities are available on request. Please contact ChinaTours.com directly to customize your optional tour activities and destinations.
Five star and four star hotels with premium location selected by ChinaTours.com are one of the best hotels in each destination.
Double or twin bedding (subject to availability). Special arrangement available upon traveler’s request; additional charges may apply due to third party or hotel request.
Available subject to traveler’s request; additional charges may apply due to third party or hotels request.
- Child/infant price can be quoted separately.
- Free of charge for Infant age 2 and under; child price valid for 2 to 11 years old.
Please note: Children must be accompanied by a responsible adult 18 years old and over to travel. No unaccompanied minors allowed.
All breakfast included. Lunch and dinner are excluded allowing you to choose cuisines. Guides will provide recommendations and guide you there.
- International flights to/from Taiwan
- Gratuities to guides and drivers and any expense of personal nature
- Our tour package does not include Travel Insurance. We strongly recommend purchase of comprehensive travel insurance prior to departure to provide for any unforeseen circumstances.
Other Important Information
Customers are required to provide valid passport details either at the time of purchase or within 72 hours of purchase. Failure to do so may result in cancellation of the booking. In this instance customers will be responsible for any costs and fees incurred.
Passport validity must be at least six months from the date of entry into Taiwan.
For visitors coming from one of the visa exempt countries or countries whose nationals are eligible for visa on arrival, no visa required if they stay less than 60 days. Otherwise, visitors must obtain a visa or authorization in advance. Please start arranging your visa as soon as you receive your documentation to account for any delays due to consulate operating hours.
Gratuities (tips) are not included in the tour packages price for services of the tour guide and driver throughout the tour.
ChinaTours.com tour packages do not include travel insurance. We strongly recommend purchase of comprehensive travel insurance prior to departure to provide for any unforeseen circumstances.
Schedule of Fees
For changes to travel arrangements:
- First change – No charge
- For all subsequent changes – USD50
- Any charges applied by a third party (for example, airline, cruise company, accommodation provider, other travel provider) cannot be waived.
For China Tour Packages, ChinaTours.com charges cancellation fees at a percentage of the total tour package price, which are stated as follows:
More than 60 days prior to tour start date, no cancellation fee
45 – 59 days prior to tour start date: 10 percent cancellation fee
30 – 44 days prior to tour start date: 30 percent cancellation fee
15 – 29 days prior to tour start date: 50 percent cancellation fee
Within 14 days prior to tour start date: 100 percent cancellation fee
Any charges applied by the third party (airline/cruise/train company, hotel, other service provider, card fee, bank fee) cannot be waived.