A world away from China’s super-sized modern cities, Pingyao is a welcome and refreshing change. With its history reflecting China’s strong commercial pedigree, in Pingyao, visitors can marvel at the business and administrative ingenuity that evolved here. Evident in trade, banking, government and defense, the foundations still hold true today. Glimpse back centuries into the lifestyle of prosperous leading families who drove business, when visiting the Wang Family home, which was the background to the beautiful film Raise the Red Lantern.
|Vehicle||Sight-seeing battery car is included|
|Guide Service & Language||Professional English-speaking guide|
Your private guide will meet you in your hotel lobby to begin exploration of the ancient town. First stop will be the famous Rishengchang Former Bank, known as the precedent of modern Chinese banks. As the first and largest bank in ancient China, its branches were distributed throughout the whole country and even in some western and south eastern countries. Learn from your guide the stories of the bank’s development and ancient operating system. The bustling heart of commerce of Pingyao continues in Ming Qing Street much as it has for 200 years. Check out the hidden gems of these legendary old business as well as the various Ming and Qing style residences and shops as you stroll the cobbled streets.
At the Tongxinggong Escort Agency, which served as an ancient security firm for protecting businesses and individuals trading valuables, you’ll gain an appreciation of the necessity for such a service. The organization maintains characteristics of escort: vehicles, cases, equipment and a field for martial arts.
The importance of Pingyao as a major center can be seen in the nature of administrative functions that continue today. Pingyao County Government Museum is honored as the largest existing intact ancient county government in China, carrying the responsibilities and authority of every official department. Depending on the schedule, you may have a chance to enjoy a court trial performance.
The Ancient City Wall, built to defend the old city, covers a distance of 7 km (4.4 miles). Walk the wall with your guide to discover the comprehensive defensive system and enjoy the panoramic view of the ancient town. Relax in the sight-seeing battery car during your journey back to your hotel.
Inclusions / Exclusions
- Admission fees: to sightseeing spots & activities specified.
- Activities specified in the itinerary.
- Excellent professional English-speaking guide.
- Sight-seeing battery car for hotel pick up and drop off.
- Travel Agency Liability Insurance during the tour.
- Government taxes & fees.
- International/domestic flights and trains to/from Pingyao.
- China visa.
- Gratuities to guides and drivers and any expense of personal nature.
- Hotel accommodation.
- Meals: Lunch is excluded allowing you flexibility around meal choices. Your guide will make recommendations and order for you, if required. Dinner is left to your own arrangement.
- Our tour package does not include travel insurance. Please purchase travel insurance before your trip to provide for any unforeseen circumstances.
- This is a private tour for your group of family or friends. No other travelers will join you. It’s always available for your schedule!
- Smart casual dress and comfortable walking shoes are recommended.
- Prices based on twin occupancy.
- The prices shown above are not valid during China’s Official Holidays (such as National Day and Chinese Spring Festival etc.).