Delve into the rugged history and spectacular natural geology of this amazing region. Steep ridges and rushing waters offer challenging hiking and thrilling experiences when viewed up close. On the old South Silk Road to Tibet, ancient legends of trade and military action are easy to imagine. Yet compromise is evident in the colorful blend of multiple religious beliefs under the roof of one spiritual lamasery.
|Vehicle||Air-conditioned vehicle with licensed driver|
|Guide Service & Language||Professional English-speaking guides|
In the morning, your private guide and driver will pick you up from your hotel at a time confirmed with you in advance, to set off for a 3-hour drive along the freeway (100 kilometers) to Tiger Leaping Gorge. Along the way, you will make your first stop at the First Bend of Yangtze River, where the headwaters of the Yangtze River take a sharp ninety degree turn towards northeast slowing its pace. In a broader area, the river flows quietly through the picturesque scenery framed with overlapping peaks, terraced fields and local villages.
In the afternoon, continue exploring at Tiger Leaping Gorge, formed by the convergence of steep vertical ridges on opposite banks rising more than 3900 meters, forcing the flowing waters of the Jinsha River into a narrow gap, causing thunderous whirlpools and dangerous rushing waters. From well-paved pathways you can observe, hear and feel the spectacle of fast waters rushing and slamming into large rocks, or stand on the viewing deck to gaze at the torrents roaring between mountains up close.
On the way back to Lijiang, you’ll have an opportunity to admire the mysterious stone tablet with Sanskrit verses at Zhiyun Lamasery. Built in the ninth year of the reign of Emperor Yongzheng in 1727, the Lamasery is renowned for its mysterious legends, enchanting landscape and colorful blend of architectural and artistic characteristics from the Han, Tibet, Bai and Nakhi minorities. Gracing the courtyard you will find five ancient trees planted two or three hundred years ago that enhance the spirit of the buildings on a beautiful site overlooking the lake.
At the end of the tour you will be returned to your hotel.
Inclusions / Exclusions
- Admission fees: to sightseeing spots & activities specified.
- Activities specified in the itinerary.
- Excellent professional English-speaking guide.
- Ground transport in an air-conditioned vehicle with licensed driver as specified.
- Pick up and return to hotel.
- Travel Agency Liability Insurance during the tour.
- Government taxes & fees.
- International/domestic flights and trains to/from Lijiang.
- China visa.
- Gratuities to guides and drivers and any expense of personal nature.
- Hotel accommodation.
- Meals: Lunch is excluded allowing you flexibility around meal choices. Your guide will make recommendations and order for you, if required. Dinner is left to your own arrangement.
- Our tour package does not include travel insurance. Please purchase travel insurance before your trip to provide for any unforeseen circumstances.
- This is a private tour for your group of family or friends. No other travelers will join you. It’s always available for your schedule!
- Smart casual dress and comfortable walking shoes are recommended.
- Prices based on twin occupancy.
- The prices shown above are not valid during China’s Official Holidays (such as National Day and Chinese Spring Festival etc.).