Be enthralled on many levels in one day as you wonder at the splendor of mountain and forest scenery, cultural entertainment by locals in a magnificent natural open air setting with mountain backdrop, immersion in ancient ethnic towns and the blended architecture and spiritual traditions nurturing stunning blossoming trees, gardens and ponds.
|Vehicle||Air-conditioned vehicle with licensed driver|
|Guide Service & Language||Professional English-speaking guides|
In the morning, your guide and driver will pick you up from your hotel. First you will be driven to the Jade Dragon Snow Mountain, the holy mountain in Nakhi culture. Travel by shuttle bus to reach an area where you will be entertained with the great show, Impression Lijiang, directed by Zhangyimou, the famous and talented director of the 2008 Olympics Opening and Closing Ceremonies. The show is performed at the outdoor theater against the backdrop of the Jade White Snow Mountain, by about 400 locals of 10 ethnic groups and 100 horses. Local people reproduce the traditional culture of Nakhi with sincerity, offering tourists a memorable experience of an ancient culture and civilization.
A cable car will take you to the Spruce Plateau, a vast lawn hidden by a primitive spruce forest, shrouded in lingering mists. Savor this fairyland of stunning natural beauty of spruces, plateaus, pines, and clouds and the fascinating views of the surrounding snow-capped mountain ranges. From a distance, Snow Mountain appears like a giant white dragon nestled in the clouds, which is how it was given its name.
Continue your tour by visiting Dongba Culture Museum, situated in a complex of local traditional style courtyards and housing 12,000 relics related to the history, culture of Nakhi people.
The last stop is the magnificent Jade Peak Temple where many rare flowers and trees add pleasant colors to the ancient monastery, making it a large sublime garden. Highlight is an ancient camellia tree guarding the monastery for hundreds of years, which is spectacular when in bloom.
Your tour concludes when you are returned to your hotel.
Tip: If the weather is unpredictable, your guide will adjust the sequence of sightseeing on Jade Dragon Snow Mountain so you will not miss the Impression Lijiang outdoor performance.
Inclusions / Exclusions
- Admission fees: to sightseeing spots & activities specified.
- Activities specified in the itinerary.
- Excellent professional English-speaking guide.
- Ground transport in an air-conditioned vehicle with licensed driver as specified.
- Pick up and return to hotel.
- Lijiang Impression Show.
- Cable car ride to the Spruce Plateau.
- Travel Agency Liability Insurance during the tour.
- Government taxes & fees.
- International/domestic flights and trains to/from Lijiang.
- China visa.
- Gratuities to guides and drivers and any expense of personal nature.
- Hotel accommodation.
- Meals: Meals are excluded. Your guide will make recommendations and order for you, if required.
- Our tour package does not include travel insurance. Please purchase travel insurance before your trip to protect for any unforeseen circumstances.
- This is a private tour for your group of family or friends. No other travelers will join you. It’s always available for your schedule!
- Smart casual dress and comfortable walking shoes are recommended.
- Prices based on twin occupancy.
- The prices shown above are not valid during China’s Official Holidays (such as National Day and Chinese Spring Festival etc.).