Observe how the enduring nature of cooperation, communication and progress expressed in centuries old magnificent murals pervades the spirit of the temple and gardens, ancient Nakhi ethnic culture and towns amid stunning scenery, even emanating from the dedication and commitment of a visiting scholar who stayed, leaving a remarkable legacy.
|Vehicle||Air-conditioned vehicle with licensed driver|
|Guide Service & Language||Professional English-speaking guides|
In the morning, your guide and driver will meet you at your hotel lobby at a time confirmed (our guide will contact you in advance to confirm the pickup time).
The first destination is Yuhu Village which is famous for the work of Dr Joseph Rock, an Austrian-born American adventurer who spent 27 years here researching and documenting ancient Nakhi culture, customs, scriptures and lifestyle. Pay a visit to his home base, The Former Residence of Rock’s Museum, which displays a myriad precious photos and personal items that were instrumental in taking the Nakhi culture to the world.
Enjoy the stunning landscape and peaceful ambience of Yuhu Lake, set amongst snow-capped mountains, as you capture memorable photos.
Then head to the beautiful Jade Peak Temple where many rare flowers and trees add special color, beauty and mystery to the ancient monastery. One 300 year old camellia bush is known to blossom 20 times a season, enhancing the attraction of the temple of the same age. Arriving at Baisha Village there is much to admire in the distinctive cultural characters, precious historical artifacts and especially the unique Baisha Murals. Different religions appear in the same wall painting, including Buddhism, Taoism and even Lamaism, indicative of an important cultural relic in the study of Chinese history of arts and religion. Wander along the path to the village to take in the quiet atmosphere.
Located at the foot of the Jade Dragon Snow Mountain, is the beautiful, quiet Shuhe Ancient Town, where you can gain an appreciation of Nakhi culture by strolling the streets, visiting ancient buildings. Enter distinctive stores, seek ethnic handicrafts, and observe traditional ethnic customs and relax in a local café as you observe locals going about their daily activities.
Your tour ends when you are returned to your hotel.
Inclusions / Exclusions
- Admission fees: to sightseeing spots & activities specified.
- Activities specified in the itinerary.
- Excellent professional English-speaking guide.
- Ground transport in an air-conditioned vehicle with licensed driver as specified.
- Pick up and return to hotel.
- Travel Agency Liability Insurance during the tour.
- Government taxes & fees.
- International/domestic flights and trains to/from Lijiang.
- China visa.
- Gratuities to guides and drivers and any expense of personal nature.
- Hotel accommodation.
- Meals: Lunch is excluded allowing you flexibility around meal choices. Your guide will make recommendations and order for you, if required. Dinner is left to your own arrangement.
- Our tour package does not include travel insurance. Please purchase travel insurance before your trip to provide for any unforeseen circumstances.
- This is a private tour for your group of family or friends. No other travelers will join you. It’s always available for your schedule!
- Smart casual dress and comfortable walking shoes are recommended.
- Prices based on twin occupancy.
- The prices shown above are not valid during China’s Official Holidays (such as National Day and Chinese Spring Festival etc.).