Enjoy a day of diversity as you experience wonders of natural, spiritual and cultural phenomena – from a dramatic natural karst forest with its spectacular stone peaks, lakes and waterfalls; an ancient temple of remarkable architecture and spiritual attraction; and the cultural buzz of a vibrant market place in an historical town.
|Vehicle||Air-conditioned vehicle with licensed driver|
|Guide Service & Language||Professional English-speaking guides|
In the morning, your guide and driver will pick you up from your hotel lobby at the time confirmed (our guide will contact you in advance to confirm the pickup time).
A 1.5 hour drive along the freeway will bring you to the fascinating Stone Forest, where you can marvel at the phenomenon of the broad expanse of karst limestone pillars in fantastic shapes that resemble a forest when viewed from a distance. Formed by the movement of the earth 270 million years ago and exposure to wind and running water, these extraordinary formations are of considerable interest to geologists, while the forest is home to the Yi minority renowned for their diligence, embroidery and dancing.
Sightseeing continues to the largest temple in Kunming, Yuantong Temple, where remarkable architecture of the buildings is complemented by a Jiangnan garden of well-arranged ponds, trees and flowers. Soak in the picturesque scenery with clear water, colorful fish, white bridges, red pavilions and towering temples while listening to your guide about the history of the amazing temple and its status in Yunnan Province and Southeast Asia. Different Buddhist halls represent Mahayana, Hinayana and Tibetan Buddhism.
On a leisurely walk in the Bird and Flower Market, you’ll see shops selling plants, birds, fish, antiques, jewelry, souvenirs and other handmade crafts that you can bargain for as you mix with locals in this bustling bazaar, soaking up traditional culture. Your tour ends when you are returned to your hotel.
Inclusions / Exclusions
- Admission fees: to sightseeing spots & activities specified.
- Activities specified in the itinerary.
- Excellent professional English-speaking guide.
- Ground transport in an air-conditioned vehicle with licensed driver as specified.
- Pick up and return to hotel.
- Battery car ride at the Stone Forest.
- Travel Agency Liability Insurance during the tour.
- Government taxes & fees.
- International/domestic flights and trains to/from Kunming.
- China visa.
- Gratuities to guides and drivers and any expense of personal nature.
- Hotel accommodation.
- Meals: Lunch is excluded allowing you flexibility around meal choices. Your guide will make recommendations and order for you, if required. Dinner is left to your own arrangement.
- Our tour package does not include travel insurance. Please purchase travel insurance before your trip to provide for any unforeseen circumstances.
- This is a private tour for your group of family or friends. No other travelers will join you. It’s always available for your schedule!
- Smart casual dress and comfortable walking shoes are recommended.
- Prices based on twin occupancy.
- The prices shown above are not valid during China’s Official Holidays (such as National Day and Chinese Spring Festival etc.).