Immerse yourself in the local traditions and culture of vibrant Hong Kong on this unique one day life and culture tour. Enthusiasts for gaining insights into the real heart and soul of any travel destination will appreciate the combination of traditional and modern, history and what’s happening now that is available on this thoughtfully curated tour. Visit icons like Wong Tai Sin Temple, Sham Shui Po and Yuen Po Bird Street, while discovering how modern culture arts are emerging in this city too at Tai Kwun Centre for Heritage and Arts. Cross Victoria Harbour on a Star Ferry, traverse Central Hong Kong on the Mid-Levels Escalator and take a ride on a Ding Ding Tram. Capturing the essence of Hong Kong, this one day tour is a must for the traveler wanting to form a deeper understanding of what makes Hong Kong so special. Private and personal with an enthusiastic English-speaking guide, this is a day tour you’ll remember long after it’s over. Book on its own or combine with any other travel arrangements in China. Just ask us how.
|Vehicle||Air-conditioned vehicle with licensed driver|
|Guide Service & Language||Professional English-speaking guide|
Your day’s adventure commences in the morning when your guide collects you from the hotel.
The first stop for the day is the Wong Tai Sin Temple, where you’ll have the opportunity to experience traditional Chinese culture firsthand. Discover why locals of all religious denominations make their way to the temple to pray and wish for their good fortune. You’ll have the chance to do the same, as you wander among Asia’s largest gathering of fortune-tellers in one location.
Continue on to Sham Shui Po, regarded as Hong Kong’s most dynamic and diverse neighborhood. Here you’ll enjoy the local cuisine, street shopping for bargain electronics, and the chance to get amongst it in the city’s oldest district.
A change of pace is evident when you visit Yung Po Bird Garden – a menagerie of beautiful birds and all things bird related – and then Shanghai Street – one of Hong Kong’s oldest streets. Discover every conceivable (and inconceivable) kitchenware item here and enjoy your own selection for lunch.
Your time in Kowloon comes to an end when you board an iconic Star Ferry boat across Victoria Harbor to Hong Kong Island. On arrival, enjoy a ride on the Mid-Levels Escalator, which at around 800-metres in length, is the perfect way to navigate Hong Kong’s Central district. The collection of escalators and walkways is the largest of its kind in the world as it extends from the central market in Central to halfway up Victoria Peak.
While you’re in the district, pass by the Man Mo Temple, one of the earliest Chinese Temples in Hong Kong. Although now surrounded by modern buildings, there’s a sense that history and the contemporary have been seamlessly blended here.
Gain insights into Hong Kong’s dynamic artistic endeavors at the Tai Kwun – Centre for Heritage and Arts, which has been built into the revitalized area where the Hong Kong Central Police Station and prisons were once located.
A final adventure for the day is to be had along the bustling northern corridor of Hong Kong Island aboard one of the city’s historic trams, affectionately named the Ding Ding Tram. At the end of your tram ride, call upon the assistance of a “Chinese grandmother” who can assist with a traditional Villain Beating. A ritual steeped in tradition (and just a little superstition), you’ll have the chance to clear off any bad luck associated with bad people or situations in your
Enjoy the return trip to your hotel, savoring the many unique insights from the day.
Notes: Your guide will contact you in advance to confirm the hotel pick up time. Lunch is at your own arrangement, although your guide is happy to assist with recommendations and order, if required.
Inclusions / Exclusions
- Admission fees: to sightseeing spots and activities specified
- Activities specified in the itinerary
- Excellent professional English-speaking guide
- Ground transport in the air-conditioned vehicle with a licensed driver
- Pick up and return to your hotel
- One-way star-ferry ride from Kowloon to Hong Kong Island
- Ding Ding tram ticket and cost of Villain Beating
- Travel agency liability insurance during the tour
- Government taxes and fees.
- International flights to/from Hong Kong
- China visa
- Gratuities to guides and drivers and any expense of personal nature
- Hotel accommodation
- Meals: Meals are excluded. Your guide will make recommendations and order for you, if required.
- Our tour package does not include travel insurance. Please purchase travel insurance before your trip to protect for any unforeseen circumstances.
- This is a private tour for your group of family or friends. No other travelers will join you. It’s always available for your schedule.
- Smart casual dress and comfortable walking shoes are recommended.
- Prices based on twin occupancy.
- The prices shown above are not valid during China’s Official Holidays (such as National Day and Chinese Spring Festival etc.).