This four-hour walking tour takes you on a half day walking adventure to explore local neighborhoods in Beijing. Gain a unique glimpse into the daily life of local Beijing residents in its maze of streets and alleys. Under the attentive direction of your bilingual tour guide, visit Shijia Hutong Museum to discover the city’s past life, contemplate the reverence of the Zhihua Temple, wander through the bustling Qianmen area, and mix with locals when you travel by public transport between sites. An enriching experience for travelers wanting a taste of real Beijing.
|Guide Service & Language||Professional English-speaking guides|
Your guide will greet you at the meeting point (our guide will contact you in advance to confirm the time and meeting point). Commence the exploration of Beijing with the visit to Zhihua Temple, a Buddhist temple built in 1444 that is famous for its Ming Dynasty wooden complex and the ancient Zhihua Temple music, which has endured and remained well preserved for over 570 years. A 20-minute walk will take you to Shijia Hutong Museum hidden in a Beijing siheyuan (traditional courtyard residence) in Shijia Hutong. The museum here was converted from a private courtyard that once was a great salon for Beijing’s literary elites back in the 1930s. Gain a sense of this period of great change through the miniature models of courtyards and hutongs, the displays in the exhibition rooms, and the recorded sounds of old Beijing life.
From here, board public transport to the Qianmen area and visit the local cultural district to experience Beijing’s culture and history. Stroll through the streets and hutongs in this local cultural district to experience Beijing’s culture and history will captivate with its intangible cultural heritage, delicious local street foods, and quintessentially Beijing history. The tour will finish with a return to the meeting point by public transport.
Inclusions / Exclusions
- Admission fees: to sightseeing spots and activities specified.
- Activities specified in the itinerary.
- Excellent professional English-speaking guide
- Travel agency liability insurance during the tour
- Government taxes and fees.
- Public transport (bus or subway)
- International/domestic flights and trains to/from Beijing
- China visa
- Hotel accommodation
- Gratuities to guides and drivers and any expense of personal nature.
- Meals: lunches and dinner are excluded allowing you flexibility around meal choices. Your guide will make recommendations and order for you, if required.
- Our tour package does not include travel insurance. Please purchase travel insurance before your trip to provide for any unforeseen circumstances.
Tour specific important information – FOR PRIVATE TOUR
- This is a private tour for your group of family or friends. No other travelers will join you. It’s always available for your schedule.
- Smart casual dress and comfortable walking shoes are recommended.
- Prices based on twin occupancy.
- The prices shown above are not valid during China’s Official Holidays (such as National Day and Chinese Spring Festival etc.).