Capture an experience of ancient religion, legend and architecture, with plenty of interesting photo opportunities during a visit to the inland city of Datong with its rich culture and heritage.
|Vehicle||Airconditioned vehicle with licensed driver|
|Guide Service & Language||Professional English-speaking guide|
In the morning, your guide will pick you up from your hotel for a day of exciting exploration. (Our guide will contact you in advance to confirm the pickup time). On the drive to the Yungang Grottoes you will hear legendary stories of one of the four largest grottoes in China. Upon arrival, a round trip battery car saves time and walking to the grottoes. Follow the guide to explore different stone carvings of Buddha statues built in three different phases: the first is the grand large Buddha statues; the second phase is an innovation period; and the third phase features smaller caves with smaller statues developed with private patronage.
Drive on to the Huayan Monastery, to take a guided walk through this special Buddhist temple comprising upper and lower parts. Admire magnificent wall paintings and great statues of Buddha over three eras – past, present and future. Learn the reason why the temple faces east instead of south like other Buddhist temples in China.
Exploration continues at the Nine Dragon Screen, the largest one in China, even larger than the one in the Forbidden City. Hear from your guide the legend behind the glorious glazed depictions of different dragons, so significant in Chinese life.
Your day exploration trip of Datong concludes when you are transferred back to your hotel.
Inclusions / Exclusions
- Admission fees: to sightseeing spots and activities specified.
- Activities specified in the itinerary.
- Excellent professional English-speaking guide.
- Ground transport in air-conditioned vehicle with licensed driver.
- Pick up and return to your hotel.
- Round trip battery car ride at the Yungang Grottoes.
- Travel agency liability insurance during the tour.
- Government taxes and fees.
- International/domestic flights and trains to/from Datong.
- China visa.
- Gratuities to guides and drivers and any expense of personal nature.
- Hotel accommodation.
- Meals: Meals are excluded. Your guide will make recommendations and order for you, if required.
- Our tour package does not include travel insurance. Please purchase travel insurance before your trip to protect for any unforeseen circumstances.
- This is a private tour for your group of family or friends. No other travelers will join you. It’s always available for your schedule.
- Smart casual dress and comfortable walking shoes are recommended.
- Prices based on twin occupancy.
- The prices shown above are not valid during China’s Official Holidays (such as National Day and Chinese Spring Festival etc.).