Capture an experience of ancient and present rural life, religion, legend and construction, with plenty of interesting photo opportunities during a visit to the inland city of Datong with its rich culture and heritage.
|Vehicle||Airconditioned vehicle with licensed driver|
|Guide Service & Language||Professional English-speaking guide|
In the morning,your guide will pick you up from your hotel for a day of exciting exploration. (Our guide will contact you in advance to confirm the pickup time). On the drive to the Yungang Grottoes you will hear legendary stories of one of the four largest grottoes in China. Upon arrival, a round trip battery car saves time and walking to the grottoes. Follow the guide to explore different stone carvings of Buddha statues built in three different phases: the first is the grand large Buddha statues; the second phase is an innovation period; and the third phase features smaller caves with smaller statues developed with private patronage.
Drive on to the Hanging Monastery, the only existing monastery built in honor of three traditional Chinese religions: Buddhism, Taoism and Confucianism. On a guided walk through the temple discover how the wooden structure survived 1400 years perched precariously in the cliff. Find out why it is built there, when it would have been much simpler to build on a mountain.
Your day of exploration in Datong concludes when you are transferred back to your hotel.
Inclusions / Exclusions
- Admission fees: to sightseeing spots and activities specified.
- Activities specified in the itinerary.
- Excellent professional English-speaking guide.
- Ground transport in air-conditioned vehicle with licensed driver.
- Pick up and return to your hotel.
- Round trip battery car ride at the Yungang Grottoes.
- Travel agency liability insurance during the tour.
- Government taxes and fees.
- International/domestic flights and trains to/from Datong.
- China visa.
- Gratuities to guides and drivers and any expense of personal nature.
- Hotel accommodation.
- Meals: Lunch is excluded allowing you flexibility around meal choices. Your guide is able to make recommendations and order for you, if required. Dinner is left to your own arrangement.
- Our tour package does not include travel insurance. Please purchase travel insurance before your trip to provide for any unforeseen circumstances.
- This is a private tour for your group of family or friends. No other travelers will join you. It’s always available for your schedule.
- Smart casual dress and comfortable walking shoes are recommended.
- Prices based on twin occupancy.
- The prices shown above are not valid during China’s Official Holidays (such as National Day and Chinese Spring Festival etc.).