There is no doubt Chengdu has heart and you’ll find it here in spades when you take this mini tour with its focus on natural wonders. Enjoy the once in a lifetime experience of working as a panda volunteer at the Dujiangyan Panda Base. Learn firsthand from those who care for them daily and follow their lead by feeding pandas and cleaning their enclosures. Shift gears and travel to Mount Qingcheng. A remarkable tribute to Taoist culture, you’ll find magnificent views of natural beauty awaits. Spend the final day exploring Jinli Street, a treasure trove of art, craft, and local street food. Including two nights hotel accommodation, daily breakfasts, transfers, panda volunteer experience, and the opportunity to grow in understanding of the heart China, this mini tour is an ideal add on to other China tour adventures. Book today!
|Vehicle||Air-conditioned vehicle with licensed driver|
|Guide Service & Language||Professional English-speaking guide|
Start your classic panda adventure when you arrive in Chengdu and are greeted by your knowledgeable local guide. From either the airport or train station, you’ll be driven to your hotel in air conditioned comfort. Enjoy a relaxed introduction to Chengdu on route, and once checked in to your hotel, get out and wander the area in close proximity. Remember to speak with your guide for advice on local sights and dining options. They will be able to assist and even help you order if necessary. It’s the perfect way to experience local Chengdu life.
Meals included: None
Fortify yourself with a hearty hotel breakfast because today’s adventure requires stamina and enthusiasum. As a panda volunteer at the Dujiangyan Panda Base, you’ll have the chance to enjoy a truly unique and memorable hands on experience. Your guide will take care of all the details, escorting you to through the entry and introducing you to the panda keepers. At the panda base you’ll be provided with disposable protective clothing so you can work comfortabley cleaning the indoor and outdoor enclosures, preparing food and feeding pandas. The panda keepers are very experienced and supervise your activities, with translation provided by your local guide. Of course you’ll want to take plenty of photos, especially with the certificate awarded to you as a memento from this very special experience.
The afternoon is spent visiting the UNESCO World Heritage Site of Mount Qingcheng. On arrival, you’ll will hike the 20 minutes from the entrance to Yuecheng Lake. Here you will be transferred by boat to the cable car station to ascend the hill. Enjoy the perfect view from the mountain top following an additional half hour walk to the peak. There’ll be the opportunity to stopover at the Taoist temples found here and contemplate the commitment of their creators from centuries ago. Return to your hotel in airconditioned comfort and enjoy the opportunity to dine out or take in a local cultural experience.
Meals included: Breakfast
Note: For children under five years who are accompanied by an adult it is possible to take the standard panda tour at the panda base, however due to restrictions, they are not able to be a panda volunteer. Children aged 5 to 12 years who are accompanied by an adult, may be a panda volunteer. Children 12 years and over are able to be a panda volunteer without an adult. All children must meet the health and safety requirements of the research base to preserve the health of the pandas.
After checking out of your hotel, you’ll have the chance to visit the heart of Chengdu when you visit Jinli Street. Lined with unique regional street food and artisans, you’ll find yourself immersed in typical local culture and have the opportunity to sample traditional food snacks and meet local craftsmen. The final stop for today allows you to enjoy some leisure time in Wangjiang Pavilion Park where you can amble among the rare bamboo groves and drink fragrant Chinese teas, another of Chengdu’s treasures. From here you’ll be transferred to the airport or train station for travel to your next destination.
Meals included: Breakfast
Inclusions / Exclusions
- Admission fees: to sightseeing spots and activities specified
- Activities specified in the itinerary
- Excellent professional English-speaking guide
- Ground transportation in air-conditioned vehicle with licensed driver as specified
- 4 star or 5 star hotel accommodation with breakfast, based on double/twin occupancy as specified
- Travel agency liability insurance during the tour
- Government taxes and fees.
- International/domestic flights/trains to/from Chengdu
- China visa
- Gratuities to guides and drivers and any expense of personal nature
- Meals: Lunches and dinners are excluded allowing you flexibility around meal choices. Your guide is able to make recommendations and order for you, if required.
- Our tour package does not include travel insurance. Please purchase travel insurance before your trip to protect for any unforeseen circumstances.
- This is a private tour for your group of family or friends. No other travelers will join you. It’s always available for your schedule.
- Smart casual dress and comfortable walking shoes are recommended.
- Prices based on twin occupancy.
- The prices shown above are not valid during China’s Official Holidays (such as National Day and Chinese Spring Festival etc.).