From every perspective you will be amazed at the scale and craftsmanship of the world’s largest and tallest stone statue, carved into the sandstone cliff where the Min and Dadu rivers come together. From the water it appears awesome and from the top you’ll appreciate the intricacies of the carving as well as the beauty and significance of the amazing natural site directly facing Mt Emei. Built over 1200 years ago and taking 90 years to complete, this statue towers 71 meters above the rivers.
|Vehicle||Air-conditioned vehicle with licensed driver|
|Guide Service & Language||Professional English-speaking guides|
Your guide will pick you up from your hotel in Chengdu at 8:30am for the two hour drive to Leshan Giant Buddha. (Our guide will contact you in advance to confirm the pickup time).
From a boat cruise on the river you’ll gain an appreciation of the magnitude of the construction and the dedication and skill involved in carving when viewing the statue from the level of the feet. Take time to absorb the wonder of the statue and the beauty of the cliffs, mountains and waterways of the surroundings.
Following a lunch break, you can make the two hour climb to the head of the Buddha and the Lingyan Temple. From the top, take in the magnificent landscape on the large scale, while on a smaller scale appreciate the detail of construction that reveal how the twisted buns on the head have been individually made and mounted. No wonder it took 90 years to build.
Your tour of Leshan Giant Buddha concludes when you are driven back to your Chengdu hotel around 5:00pm.
Inclusions / Exclusions
- Admission fees: to sightseeing spots & activities specified.
- Activities specified in the itinerary.
- Excellent professional English-speaking guide.
- Ground transport in an air-conditioned vehicle with licensed driver as specified.
- Pick up and return to hotel.
- Boat cruise at Leshan Giant Buddha.
- Travel Agency Liability Insurance during the tour.
- Government taxes & fees.
- International/domestic flights and trains to/from Chengdu.
- China visa.
- Gratuities to guides and drivers and any expense of personal nature.
- Hotel accommodation.
- Meals: Lunch is excluded allowing you to flexibility around meal choices. Your guide will make recommendations and order for you, if required. Dinner is left to your own arrangement.
- Our tour package does not include travel insurance. Please purchase travel insurance before your trip to provide for any unforeseen circumstances.
- Tour specific important information – FOR PRIVATE TOUR
- This is a private tour for your group of family or friends. No other travelers will join you. It’s always available for your schedule.
- Smart casual dress and comfortable walking shoes are recommended.
- Prices based on twin occupancy.
- The prices shown above are not valid during China’s Official Holidays (such as National Day and Chinese Spring Festival etc.).