Surprise yourself with this five day tour in the exciting, beautiful and natural heart of China. First visit Chengdu, the capital of Sichuan Province and spend a day working as a panda volunteer at the Dujiangyan Panda Base. Work up close with Chengdu’s most famous residents and learn how they are cared for by local panda keepers. Enjoy a contrast in experience with a day visiting busy Jinli Street, then surrender to the quiet contemplation of Wangjiang Pavilion Park where you can enjoy local tea customs. Travel from Chengdu to Jiuzhaigou and spend the next two days taking in the stunning natural wonders of Jiuzhaigou Scenic Spot and Huanglong Scenic Spot, both of which are located in Jiuzhaigou National Park. Idyllic in all ways, the beauty you’ll discover here is a welcome contrast to modern China. It will change your perception of China’s heart and leave you wanting more. Inclusive of four nights accommodation in thoughtfully selected quality hotels, daily breakfasts, dinners in Jiuzhaigou, flights from Chengdu to Jiuzhaigou, airconditioned vehicle travel, bilingual guides in each destination, this is a once in a lifetime experience for the traveler who wants more from their adventures.
|Vehicle||Air-conditioned vehicle with licensed driver|
|Guide Service & Language||Professional English-speaking guide|
Start your classic panda adventure when you arrive in Chengdu and are greeted by your knowledgeable local guide. From either the airport or train station, you’ll be driven to your hotel in air conditioned comfort. Of course there’s no doubt that giant pandas rule in Chengdu, but there’s much more to experience in this exciting city. Enjoy a relaxed introduction to Chengdu on route, and once checked in to your hotel, get out and wander the area in close proximity. Remember to speak with your guide for advice on local sights and dining options. They will be able to assist and even help you order if necessary. It’s the perfect way to experience local Chengdu life.
Meals included: None
Fortify yourself with a hearty hotel breakfast because today’s adventure requires stamina and enthusiasum. As a panda volunteer at the Dujiangyan Panda Base, you’ll have the chance to enjoy a truly unique and memorable hands on experience. Your guide will take care of all the details, escorting you to through the entry and introducing you to the panda keepers. At the panda base you’ll be provided with disposable protective clothing so you can work comfortabley cleaning the indoor and outdoor enclosures, preparing food and feeding pandas. The panda keepers are very experienced and supervise your activities, with translation provided by your local guide. Of course you’ll want to take plenty of photos, especially with the certificate awarded to you as a memento from this very special day. After your busy day as a panda keeper, you’ll be returned to your hotel in Chengdu to relax and reflect on your panda keeper adventure.
Meals included: Breakfast
1. The Panda Keeper Program has an age restriction from between five years to 80 years. For children under five years who are accompanied by an adult can take the standard panda tour in panda base, but due to restrictions they are not able to be a panda volunteer.
2. As a maximum of 30 keepers are allowed each day, it is advisable you book the program at least two weeks before departure. Please be aware that occasionally adjustments may be made to the program due to the health condition of pandas. Accurate information about the program will be provided to you by your travel consultant as soon as we are advised.
3. Each volunteer panda keep applicant must provide a Physical Examination Record prior to commencement of the day’s activities.
4. Volunteer panda keepers are strongly advised to be guided by their supervisors and should approach animals with extreme caution and only under supervision. Though pandas look gentle, they are animals and their behaviour can be unpredictable.
5. Panda keepers are not allowed to clean enclosures for panda mothers and babies but can help supervisors.
Expect a total change of pace today after checking out of your hotel. First stop is one of Chengu’s most famous market areas – Jinli Street. The narrow street lined with unique regional street food, traditional artisans, and modern merchandise is an opportunity to immerse yourself in typical local culture. Jinli Street is popular with locals and travelers alike, not least because of the opportunity to sample traditional food snacks and meet local craftsmen. Check out the traditional wares – pottery, bamboo, silk, fans, and umbrellas – or enjoy a contemporary twist by visiting some of the more modern fascinations found in the array of quirky boutiques. Take advantage of the chance to sample Chengdu’s famous street food here too. After working your way through Jinli Street, it’s time to relax with a leisurely wander through Wangjiang Pavilion Park. Amble among the rare bamboo groves and drink traditional Chinese fragrant teas. From here you’ll be transferred to the airport for the flight to Jiuzhaigou. Your local guide will transport you to the hotel and assist with check you and dinner, if required.
Meals included: Breakfast and dinner
Today’s adventure commences when you are accompanied by your guide to visit Jiuzhaigou Scenic Spot. Located in the north of Sichuan Province, Juizhaighou Scenic Spot is famous for its stunning natural beauty. Steeped in mythology and legend, Juizhaigou National Park is considered sacred by the local Tibetan and Qiang people and it’s easy to see why. During your travels today, you’ll have the chance to take in the spectacular view of Nuorilang Waterfall and admire the Long Lake which is surrounded by rolling mountains and enjoys pure bule sky as background. The tour also takes in the Five-Color Pond and Pearl Beach. Here you can absorb the ethereal beauty of Jiuizhai Valley and appreciate the likeness that Five-Color Pond has to a peacock with fanning its multicolored tail. There are few places with comparable natural beauty in China, so be prepared for multiple photo opportunities. Finish the day by returning to the hotel for dinner.
Meals included: Breakfast and dinner served in Hotel
Continuing in the same vein from the previous day, enjoy the emphasis on China’s natural beauty when you visit Huanglong Scenic Spot. Revered for its stunning views of colorful ponds that are formed by calcite deposits, you will also find waterfalls, caves, snow-capped mountains, and valleys in Huanglong National Park.
Now preserved as a UNESCO World Heritage site, Huanglong National Park is especially important for the role it plays in providing a home to many endangered species, including the giant panda and golden snub-nosed monkey. As a place of natural beauty, a visit here is a a wonderful contrast to the big bustling cities that are typically associated with modern China. Your tour concludes when you are driven to Jiuzhaigou airport for travel to your next destination.
Meals included: Breakfast
Inclusions / Exclusions
- Admission fees: to sightseeing spots and activities specified
- Activities specified in the itinerary
- Excellent professional English-speaking guide
- Ground transportation in air-conditioned vehicle with licensed driver as specified
- Transportation: Economy class domestic flight between Chengdu/Jiuzhaigou
- 4 star or 5 star hotel accommodation with breakfast, based on double/twin occupancy as specified
- Travel agency liability insurance during the tour
- Government taxes and fees.
- International/domestic flights/trains to Chengdu and from Jiuzhaigou
- China visa
- Gratuities to guides and drivers and any expense of personal nature
- Meals: Lunches and dinners (with the exception of dinners in Jiuzhaigou) are excluded allowing you flexibility around meal choices. Your guide is able to make recommendations and order for you, if required.
- Our tour package does not include travel insurance. Please purchase travel insurance before your trip to protect for any unforeseen circumstances
- This is a private tour for your group of family or friends. No other travelers will join you. It’s always available for your schedule.
- Smart casual dress and comfortable walking shoes are recommended.
- Prices based on twin occupancy.
- The prices shown above are not valid during China’s Official Holidays (such as National Day and Chinese Spring Festival etc.).