Providing the opportunity to experience the essence Chengdu, one of China’s friendliest cities, this four day tour has a relaxed, easygoing pace. Start your adventure with a half day visiting the Chengdu Research Base of Giant Pandas. Learn about the life of giant pandas – and then capture it all in photos! Experience local life, culture and food with a walk down Jinli Street, and follow it up with a taste of famous Chengdu tea after meandering through Wangjiang Pavilion Park. Gain an appreciation of the natural beauty and tenacity of locals from centuries past with a visit to the Leshan Giant Buddha, which was built during the Tang Dynasty. See it from every vantage point, including from the water and up close at height. With three nights’ hotel accommodation, transfers, and daily breakfast included, this snapshot tour is the ideal way to spend time in a single China destination and gain an intimate understanding of its ancient history and contemporary evolution.
|Vehicle||Airconditioned vehicle with licensed driver|
|Guide Service & Language||Professional English-speaking guide|
Start your classic panda adventure when you arrive in Chengdu and are greeted by your knowledgeable local guide. From either the airport or train station, you’ll be driven to your hotel in air conditioned comfort. Of course there’s no doubt that giant pandas rule in Chengdu, but there’s much more to experience in this exciting city. Enjoy a relaxed introduction to Chengdu on route and once checked in to your hotel, take advantage of free time to wander the area in close proximity. Your guide is at hand to assist with advice for dining or cultural experiences should you need it.
Meals included: None
Your Chengdu adventure starts in earnest today when you’re collected from the hotel and driven to the Chengdu Research Base of Giant Pandas. An early start provides the best opportunity to beat the crowds and learn about the origin and habits of these amazing animals. At this wonderful facility you’ll see baby pandas at play in the infant area, learn about the way pandas come into this world, as well as gain an insight into the daily life of these amazing creatures. Expect to be camera trigger happy here. The pandas are simply too cute, inspiring wonder in even the most reluctant animal lover.
Enjoy a change of pace when you walk down Jinli Street. Lined on both sides with quirky craft, tea and souvenir stores, Jinli Street still emanates the same commercial essence that has made it a destination for nearly 2,000 years. Be sure to arrive hungry because it’s here you can try different types of Sichuan food and snacks, buy various local crafts and bargain like locals. After working your way through Jinli Street, it’s time to relax with a leisurely wander through Wangjiang Pavilion Park. Amble among the rare bamboo groves and drink traditional Chinese fragrant teas for a real taste of Chengdu style leisure. The driver and guide will return you to your hotel where you can relax and enjoy the evening.
Meals included: Breakfast
Kick off today’s activities with an early start from the hotel. You will be picked up by your guide and driver for the two hour drive to Leshan Giant Buddha. From a boat cruise on the river you’ll gain an appreciation of the magnitude of the construction, dedication and skill involved in carving when viewing the statue from the level of its feet. You’ll have time to absorb the wonder of the statue and beauty of the cliffs, mountains and waterways in the surrounding environment. Following lunch, your guide will accompany you on the two hour climb to the head of the Buddha and the Lingyan Temple. From the top, take in the magnificent landscape on a large scale, while on a smaller scale, appreciate the detail of construction that reveal how the twisted buns on the head have been individually made and mounted. The fortitude and perseverance of creators, who took over 990 years to build it, is inspiring. Your tour of Leshan Giant Buddha concludes when you are driven back to your Chengdu hotel around 5:00pm. Enjoy a quiet night in at the hotel or liaise with your local guide for an opportunity to take in one of the local Chengdu cultural experiences.
Meals included: Breakfast
Depending on the time of your departure from Chengdu you’ll have time to explore a little longer in the morning before checking out from your hotel. You will be transferred from the hotel to the airport or the train station for your next destination.
Meals included: Breakfast
Inclusions / Exclusions
- Admission fees: to sightseeing spots and activities specified
- Activities specified in the itinerary
- Excellent professional English-speaking guide
- Ground transportation in air-conditioned vehicle with licensed driver as specified
- 4 star or 5 star hotel accommodation with breakfast, based on double/twin occupancy as specified
- Battery car ride at Chengdu Research Base of Giant Panda Breeding
- Travel agency liability insurance during the tour
- Government taxes and fees.
- International/domestic flights/trains to/from Chengdu
- China visa
- Gratuities to guides and drivers and any expense of personal nature
- Meals: Lunches and dinners are excluded allowing you flexibility around meal choices. Your guide is able to make recommendations and order for you, if required.
- Our tour package does not include travel insurance. Please purchase travel insurance before your trip to protect for any unforeseen circumstances.
- This is a private tour for your group of family or friends. No other travelers will join you. It’s always available for your schedule.
- Smart casual dress and comfortable walking shoes are recommended.
- Prices based on twin occupancy.
- The prices shown above are not valid during China’s Official Holidays (such as National Day and Chinese Spring Festival etc.).