This Beijing tour offers wonderful experiences of Chinese culture, architecture and history – from ancient marvels to modern living, often side by side. Signature highlights enable the traveler to become immersed in a way of life and the dynamics of progress.
|Vehicle||Airconditioned vehicle with licensed driver|
|Guide Service & Language||Professional English-speaking guides|
Your guide and driver will wait for you in your hotel lobby (our guide will contact you in advance to confirm the pickup time). Departing your hotel in our air-conditioned vehicle, exploration of Beijing begins with a visit to the world’s largest city square, Tiananmen Square, the beating heart of China’s politics and spirit. Make your way across the road to the magnificent Forbidden City, a culturally historic landmark in China, which was the former residence of Chinese royalty for five centuries. After the Forbidden City tour, exploration continues with a visit to the Confucius Temple and Imperial College Museum. Stroll through Wudaoying hutong and experience local life as you wander through traditional courtyard residences blending with quaint shops, enjoy a coffee, and gain an insider’s view of a real Beijing community. Before heading back to your hotel, sample the famous local food market Sanyuanli where you can stock up on fruit and snacks for your next day’s trip to the Mutianyu Great Wall.
Note: Your tour guide may adjust your itinerary due to closure of the Forbidden City each Monday.
Meals included: None
The first stop today is the Mutianyu Great Wall, a less frequented part of China’s 1,400-year-old iconic landmark located approximately 70 kilometers from Beijing. Take a pleasant and comfortable round-trip cable car transfer over the picturesque scenery. Walk the wall to take in the Ming dynasty guard towers and sensational views. On return to the city in the afternoon, visit the Summer Palace. Appreciate the beautiful gardens and imagine the lifestyle of royalty who enjoyed exclusive use of this summer resort during imperial times. The tour will finish around 5:30-6:00pm with return to your hotel.
Meals included: None
Inclusions / Exclusions
- Admission fees: to sightseeing spots and activities specified.
- Activities specified in the itinerary.
- Cable car ride at Mutianyu Great Wall.
- Excellent professional English-speaking guide.
- Ground transport in an air-conditioned vehicle with licensed driver as specified.
- Pick up and return to hotel.
- Travel agency liability insurance during the tour.
- Government taxes and fees.
- International/domestic flights and trains to/from Beijing.
- China visa.
- Hotel accommodation.
- Gratuities to guides & drivers and any expense of personal nature.
- Boat trip at the Summer Palace.
- Meals: Meals are excluded. Your guide will make recommendations and order for you, if required.
- Our tour package does not include Travel Insurance. Please purchase the Travel Insurance before your trip to protect for any unforeseen circumstance.
Tour specific important information – FOR PRIVATE TOUR
- This is a private tour for your group of family or friends. No other travelers will join you. It’s always available for your schedule.
- Smart casual dress and comfortable walking shoes are recommended.
- Prices based on twin occupancy.
- The prices shown above are not valid during China’s Official Holidays (such as National Day and Chinese Spring Festival etc.).