Kick off your adventure in Taipei, a thriving modern city that juxtaposes the old and new. Enjoy the city’s highlights: Between bike-riding, a monumental museum, panoramic views from 89 storeys high, and the historical neighborhood. Round out your tour with time in New Taipei, including the visits to the renowned Yehliu Geopark, Jiufen Old Street and Pingxi. It’s the perfect curated highlight list for the traveler wanting more than snapshot of Taipei but with only a few days to travel.
|Air-conditioned vehicle with licensed driver
|Guide Service & Language
|Professional English-speaking guide
On your arrival in Taipei, you will be met at the airport by your guide. On the way to the pre-booked four or five star inner city hotel, your guide will point out the highlights and history of Taipei. Spend the rest of the day at your leisure.
Meals included: None
You will be picked up from the hotel to begin your tour after the breakfast. First point of interest is the world-famous National Palace Museum, where your guide will ensure you derive maximum benefit by introducing you to the history and artefacts housed there, as prelude to exploring the archaeological wonders and historical exhibits at your leisure. Knowledge acquired will give you an understanding of the history that drives Taiwan’s dynamism, built upon the fierce fight for independence, remembered in the Martyr’s Shrine, where you can see the ceremony of changing the Honor Guards.
On the lighter side, wander through the famous Dihua Street for traditional Chinese foods, herbal medicines, cooking species and wares. The nearby Yongle Fabric Market is a good place for the fabric lovers. You can get out amongst the locals biking along the Tam-shui River from the Da-dao-cheng Wharf, imagining the history of this once important, busy trading port. A tour of Taipei would not be complete without a visit to the edifice commemorating the modern leader of Taiwan, Chiang Kai-Shek, in the Memorial Hall bearing his name. The day rounds up with a visit to the phenomenal tribute to modern engineering, the Taipei 101 Observatory. From the many viewing platforms on the 89th floor observation deck you can view extensive panoramas of all Taipei and capture the memories.
Meals included: Breakfast
Note: Due to the closure of the National Palace Museum each Monday, your tour guide may adjust your itinerary.
After breakfast, start today’s tour by driving to Yeliu Geopark. Marvel at the remarkable natural rock formations created by erosion and other natural forces. Let your imagination carry you away with what you ‘see’: mushrooms, animals heads and more. An hour’s drive will take you to Jiufen, a small mountain village famous for its picturesque views located on the northeast coast of Taiwan. Enjoy the walking tour through the village’s historical street for a glimpse into Taiwan’s gold mining past. Following lunch, ordered with the assistance of your guide, your tour continues with the drive to Pingxi. Wander the Pingxi Old Street and experience the unique cultural tradition of releasing the sky lanterns for good wishes. You will then be returned to the hotel in Taipei.
Meals included: Breakfast
Your guide and driver will transfer you from the hotel to Taoyuan International Airport for your departure flight. Your Taipei tour concludes today.
Inclusions / Exclusions
- Admission fees: to sightseeing spots and activities specified.
- Activities specified in the itinerary.
- Excellent professional English-speaking guide
- Ground transport in air-conditioned vehicle with licensed driver
- 4-Star or 5-Star hotel accommodation with breakfast, based on double/twin occupancy as specified
- Bike-riding at Da-dao-cheng Wharf
- Travel agency liability insurance during the tour
- Government taxes and fees.
- International/domestic flights to/from Taipei
- Gratuities to guides and drivers and any expense of personal nature.
- Meals: Lunch is excluded allowing you flexibility around meal choices. Your guide is able to make recommendations and order for you, if required. Dinner is left to your own arrangement.
- Our tour package does not include travel insurance. Please purchase travel insurance before your trip to provide for any unforeseen circumstances.
Important information – FOR PRIVATE TOUR
- This is a private tour for your group of family or friends. There will be no other travelers in the group apart from you
- Smart casual dress and comfortable walking shoes are recommended
- Prices based on twin occupancy
- The prices shown are not valid during any official holidays (including National Day, New Year’s Day and Chinese Spring Festival, etc.)
- The itinerary may be adjusted due to any unforeseen circumstances
- Optional tours to other destinations are also available
- Any city not included in the existing tour package can be blended into a private tour.
- Arrangements for entering and exiting Taiwan from/to Hong Kong and Indochina are also available
- Stays at Taipei can be extended upon your request incurring an extra cost.
General important information
After purchase, you will receive a receipt and a Purchase Confirmation email with a Passenger Information Form. The Passenger Information Form must be completed within 72 hours of the purchase.
Any special requests, preferences, and optional extras MUST be clearly stated in your Passenger Information Form. Any change requested after submitting your Passenger Information Form cannot be guaranteed, is strictly subject to availability, and will incur surcharges as outlined in the Schedule of Fees below.
On purchasing this tour product, you are bound by the General Terms and Conditions, in addition to the specific terms and conditions outlined in this Important Information.
Please note: that online credit card payments and PayPal payments incur surcharges.
Tour Start Dates
Private and custom tours can be scheduled to commence on any day. Multi-day small group tours start on set dates as indicated in the booking calendar for the specific tour.
Cities for Commencement of Tours
Taipei for a multi-day small group, and most private tours, unless otherwise specified.
Any city for custom tours.
Standard seat for five-star (Luxury) and four stars (Superior) tour packages.
Air-conditioned vehicle with a licensed driver.
Accommodation options are available for early arrival prior to the commencement of the tour. Bookings can be made online prior to checkout or arrangements can be made with a ChinaTours.com travel consultant.
Accommodation options for staying behind after completion of the tour are available. Bookings can be made online prior to checkout, or arrangements can be made with a ChinaTours.com travel consultant.
All ChinaTours.com tour guides are bilingual speakers with intimate knowledge of an area/city, its culture, history, people, and food, which they will share on tour. ChinaTours.com does not operate commission-based shopping tours, which means our tour guides do not receive commissions for commission-based shopping stops.
A private driver-guide will be arranged for 1-2 travelers tour group.
Small Group Size:
The maximum number of passengers in a multi-day small group tour is 12 people.
Optional tour activities are available on request. Please contact ChinaTours.com directly to customize your optional tour activities and destinations.
Five-star and four-star hotels with the premium locations selected by ChinaTours.com are one of the best hotels in each destination.
Bedding included in accommodation is double or twin bedding (subject to availability). Special arrangements are available on request; additional charges may apply due to a third party or hotel requests.
Adjoining/Interconnecting rooms are available subject to passengers’ requests. Additional charges may apply due to third-party or hotel requests.
– Child/infant prices can be quoted separately.
– Free of charge for Infant age 2 and under; child price valid for 2 to 11 years old.
Please note: Children must be accompanied by a responsible adult 18 years old and over to travel. No unaccompanied minors are allowed.
– All breakfast included,
– Lunch & Dinner are excluded so you are free to choose cuisines, while guides will give recommendations and guide you there.
Other Important Information
Customers are required to provide valid passport details either at the time of purchase. or within 72 hours of purchase. Failure to do so may result in the cancellation of the booking. In this instance, customers will be responsible for any costs and fees incurred.
Passport validity should be at least six months from the date of entry into Taiwan.
For the visitors who come from one of the visa-exempt countries or countries whose nationals are eligible for visas on arrival, no visa is required if they stay less than 60 days. Otherwise, visitors must obtain a visa or authorization in advance. Please start arranging your visa as soon as you receive your documentation to account for any delays due to consulate operating hours.
Gratuities (tips) for services of the tour guide and driver throughout the tour are not included in the tour package price.
ChinaTours.com tour packages do not include travel insurance. We strongly recommend the purchase of comprehensive travel insurance prior to departure to provide for any unforeseen circumstances.
Schedule of Fees
For changes to travel arrangements:
- First change – No charge
- For all subsequent changes – USD50
- Any charges applied by a third party (for example, airline, cruise company, accommodation provider, other travel providers) cannot be waived
For China Tour Packages, ChinaTours.com charges cancellation fees at a percentage of the total tour package price, which is stated as follows:
More than 120 days prior to the tour start date, no cancellation fee
60 -120 days prior to tour start date: 10 percent cancellation fee
31 – 59 days prior to tour start date: 30 percent cancellation fee
15 – 30 days prior to tour start date: 50 percent cancellation fee
Within 14 days prior to tour start date: 100 percent cancellation fee
Any charges applied by the third party (airline/cruise/train company, hotel, other service providers, card fee, bank fee) can not be waived.