Whether you’re an expat living it up in Beijing or international visitor with a couple of days to spare, this two day getaway from the capital is a perfect overnight trip designed to take you beyond the everyday. Relax in Gubei Water Town, a popular getaway destination located at the foot of Simatai Great Wall. A theme park resort recreated and reconstructed based on five local villages, enjoy the opportunity to relax away from bustling Beijing. Explore further and be captivated by the views from the top of the Simatai Great Wall, a unique and fascinating section of the wall that attracts adventurers looking for something a little different from their travel. Inclusive of ground transport, overnight accommodation, your own choice of meals, and a friendly bilingual guide, you’ll wonder why you waited so long to leave the city behind.
|Vehicle||Air-conditioned vehicle with licensed driver|
|Guide Service & Language||Professional English-speaking guides|
In the morning, you will be met by your guide at the meeting point (our guide will contact you in advance to confirm the time and meeting point) and driven to Gubei Water Town located around 2.5 hours away from Beijing city center. Opened in 2014, Gubei Water Town (also known as Beijing Wtown) has become a popular destination for weekend getaways among tourists from home and abroad. Stroll through the buildings designed in Ming and Qing dynasty style, experience local culture and crafts in the workshops where you can participate in kite making, tie-dyeing and weaving, lantern making and many other traditional crafts. After checking in to your hotel, you can take a relaxing boat ride along the river, watch an opera performance in the center of the town square, or savor the tasty snacks and drinks at local restaurants and street food stalls. In the evening, enjoy the night view of the town, especially the stunning music fountain and drone light show.
Meals included: None
After breakfast, commence the day’s adventure with exploration of Simatai Great Wall, a section that is considered the best of the Ming Dynasty’s Great Wall. Over five kilometers in length and distinguished by 35 beacon towers, it’s impossible not to be impressed with the ingenuity, tenacity and vision of all those involved in its construction. Take a pleasant round-trip cable car transfer over picturesque scenery, then walk the wall to visit the Ming dynasty guard towers and enjoy the magnificent views. At the conclusion of your tour of Simatai Great Wall, you will be transferred back to Beijing in the afternoon.
Meals included: Breakfast
Inclusions / Exclusions
- Admission fees: to sightseeing spots and activities
- Activities specified in the itinerary
- Excellent professional English-speaking guide
- Ground transport in air-conditioned vehicle with licensed driver
- 4-Star or 5-Star hotel accommodation with breakfast, based on double/twin occupancy as specified
- Cable car ride at Simatai Great Wall
- Travel agency liability insurance during the tour
- Government taxes and fees
- International/domestic flights and trains to/from Beijing
- China Visa
- Gratuities to guides and drivers and any expense of personal
- Meals: Lunch is excluded allowing you flexibility around meal choices. Your guide is able to make recommendations and order for you, if required. Dinner is left to your own
- Our tour package does not include travel or medical insurance. Please purchase travel or medica insurance before your trip to provide for any unforeseen circumstances.
Tour specific important information – FOR PRIVATE TOUR
- This is a private tour for your group of family or friends. No other travelers will join you. It’s always available for your schedule.
- Smart casual dress and comfortable walking shoes are recommended.
- Prices based on twin occupancy.
- The prices shown above are not valid during China’s Official Holidays (such as National Day and Chinese Spring Festival etc.).