Join one of our Xi'an tours
Among the many Xi’an highlights, you’ll discover an ancient city wall that is virtually intact, a remarkable feat given the pace at which China has advanced. Sensational restaurants and street food are a given, along with many other ancient Chinese treasures, found at the Shaanxi History Museum, Drum and Bell Towers, beautiful pagodas, temples, and mosques, and more.
The area around Xi’an offers much to the explorer too. Take advantage of Xi’an tours that cover ground within a day’s travel of the city. In close proximity, you’ll find Chenlu Ancient Town, the home of porcelain in China’s northwest; Yan’an, a place where the spectacular Hukou Waterfall can be admired; Donghan Folk Art Village, a trove of traditional art and craft; and Foping National Natural Reserve.
With ChinaTours.com there are many options for a Xi’an tour. Choose from a small group (maximum 12 travelers), a private Xi’an tour, made up of your own family and friends, or custom design your own tour. For travelers wanting a next-level experience, we can help with that too. Each of our luxury tours includes time in Xi’an.
Our Xi’an tours are what beautiful travel memories are made of. Here are just a few of the experiences you can add to your travel arrangements on a small group, private or custom tour. While you’re traveling with us, let’s make it happen!
- Bike ride the City Wall – Xi’an’s City Walls are in premium condition making a bike ride an easy way to traverse the four sides of the city and take in both old and new. Expect outstanding views from every corner and lots of laughter as you unleash your inner childlike adventurer. Tandem bikes are available for those wanting a little extra fun!
- Experience the Tang Dynasty up close – Dig a little deeper into Xi’an’s ancient history and experience the Tang Dynasty’s story through the ancient capital’s traditional music and dance. The Tang Dynasty’s legacy endures in Xi’an today through this wonderful show filled with historical Chinese drama, dance, and music. Captivating and dazzling, the mix of tragedy and triumph provides an insight into ancient imperial life.
- Indulge with dumplings – Definitely a treat for the foodie, Xi’an dumplings come in all shapes, sizes, and yes, even colors. A beautifully prepared banquet offers visitors the chance to savor the many variations on a dumpling. Be sure to arrive hungry and prepare for a Xi’an-style food experience.
While you’re in Xi’an, why not take advantage of its proximity to other highlights that showcase Shaanxi Province. Whether you choose from our existing range of Xi’an tours or want a custom designed experience, we’ll bring it to life for you.
- Be inspired at Mount Hua – Hike or take a cable car to the north peak of Mount Hua, one of China’s five great mountains. Find inspiration in the breathtaking view made possible at the mountain’s peak. Precipitous cliffs, magnificent sunrises and sunsets, suspended caves, and Taoist temples are all waiting for you there.
- Discover more history in Yan’an – Outside of Xi’an, you’ll find Yan’an, where the magnificent Hukou Waterfall Scenic Spot is located. Spectacular – and famously yellow – Hukou Waterfall is an iconic highlight in the region. Depending on the time of your visit, you may even be lucky enough to catch a rainbow created by the main falls as it thunders into the gorge below. Yan’an is also home to the fascinating Mausoleum of the Yellow Emperor. Enjoy the chance to visit this sacred sight where it is believed the Yellow Emperor attained enlightenment leaving only his cap and robe to be entombed.
- Step back in time at Donghan Folk Art Village – Discover the art and craftsmanship of peasants that flourished here during the peak of the Communist revolution. With the opportunity to turn your hand to paper-cutting, painting, and dining with the local peasant families, a visit here is truly an encounter with a part of ancient China that is still intact.
- Explore the Foping National Natural Reserve – Don’t make the mistake of thinking natural wildlife doesn’t flourish in China. It does! In Foping National Natural Research, take the opportunity to see wild giant pandas, golden monkeys, and leopards peacefully at home in their natural habitat – if you’re patient and persistent enough to wait.
While our team of travel consultants are creative tour designers and have already curated many one day and multi-day Xi’an tours, we understand there are travelers who want to dream up their own adventure. We love that – we’re big dreamers too – and it’s why we offer customers the flexibility of designing their own tour . If Xi’an is a city on your must-see-in-China-bucket-list, we’ve got this! Talk to us about how we can help create China travel memories that include a Xi’an tour and get that bucket list ticked off.
Our range of luxury tours is for travel lovers looking for a next-level experience. If this is you, here’s what to expect on a luxury tour stop in gorgeous Xi’an. ChinaTours.com’s Luxury Tour Advantage service means you have 24/7 local assistance in every destination city, including from the moment you arrive in Xi’an having traveled business class by high speed train from Beijing. Premium luxury accommodation at the Sofitel Legend People’s Grand Hotel, an experience of pure indulgence. A more relaxed tour itinerary giving you the opportunity to wander freely through landmarks favored by locals, like Shuncheng Alley and Shuyuanmen Street, both ideal destinations for adding to your trove of collectibles. For the opportunity to truly connect to a deeper aspect of Chinese culture, in Xi’an, you’ll be a guest enjoying premium seats at a remarkable performance of music and dance at the Tang Dynasty Palace. A chance to experience real China in understated style, our luxury tours are the perfect way to create beautiful travel memories with a difference.
Xi'an Day Tours
Our options for Xi’an day tours mean you have plenty to choose from in this fabulous city. Depending on your interests, a one day Xi’an tour will find you exploring the Terracotta Army, sections of the remarkable Xi’an City Wall, reflecting at the Great Mosque, diving deep into some of China’s most intriguing history at Famen Temple, a sacred place for Buddhists filled with Tang Dynasty treasures, or just imbibing some of the best local street food in Muslim Quarter. And if you can’t find what you’re looking for here, your dream tour is just one email or phone call away. Get in touch and we’ll bring it to life.
Beijing Layover Tours
Short on time, but love the idea of a layover tour? Then look no further than our layover tours of Beijing. Designed for the traveler who is all about optimizing every minute on the go, our Beijing layover tours include visits to iconic Beijing cultural destinations and a return transfer to Beijing airports and Tianjin cruise port. Departing daily and the perfect way to make your travel dollar extend further, you’ll be happy you made time to capture these beautiful travel memories.
Xi’an Private Tour Packages
Our multi-day Xi’an tours include two, three or four day tours, allowing you to explore more of Xi’an, stay overnight at Mount Hua, or combine your Xi’an tour with a Yangtze River cruise and any other ChinaTours.com tour in twenty destinations in China. The approach we’ve taken with our multi-day Xi’an tours is to showcase what’s beautiful, unique, and fascinating in and around the city itself. You’ll have the chance to discover unique natural beauty at Hukou Waterfall, explore the idyllic Foping National Natural Reserve with its wild giant pandas, golden monkeys, and leopards, and ascend Mount Hua for stunning dawn or sunset views from its peak. Available as private tours and fully customizable to your dream tour, Xi’an multi-day tours are a perfect way to appreciate this beautiful part of China.
Make the most of your time in Beijing by expanding your horizons with travel to fascinating destinations located no further than a high-speed train trip away. Choose from two or three day mini breaks and be captivated by unique destinations like Luoyang with the Longmen Grottoes and Shaolin Temple, stunning Chengde with its rich imperial history, or dive into Datong and Pingyao for a balance of religious and commercial enterprise history. And if you can’t find what you’re looking for, talk to our team about a customized tour that ticks all your bucket list destinations.