Take a welcome break from the ancient built wonders and busyness of China to enjoy spectacular natural scenery. Be thrilled by precipitous peaks and challenging structures that take you up close and personal with natural wonders.
|Vehicle||Airconditioned vehicle with licensed driver|
|Guide Service & Language||Professional English-speaking guide|
Upon arrival in Zhangjiajie, your guide and driver will greet you and transfer you to the pre-booked hotel. The rest of the day you are free to relax or enjoy exploration of the city.
Meals included: None
After enjoying breakfast at your hotel, the tour begins with a short drive to Zhangjiajie National Forest Park, which is famous for pillar-like peaks and awe-inspiring natural landforms. Upon arrival, a shuttle bus will take you to the Bailong Elevator, the highest and fastest glass elevator in the world built into a cliff face, for ascension to Yuanjiajie Scenic Area. There you can observe the Southern Sky Column, explore the prototype of “Hallelujah Mountains” from the film Avatar and cross the No. 1 Bridge under Heaven”, an artificial stone bridge hanging between two peaks.
A shuttle bus will take you to Tianzi Mountain for a panoramic view of the mystical peaks and valleys and wonderful photo opportunities. Many restaurants and snack stalls are available from which to arrange your own lunch.
Descent from the mountain is by cable car, where a shuttle bus will take you the captivating Ten-mile Natural Gallery. Whether taking a leisurely walk or tram ride you can marvel at the misty karst landscape, thick woods, grotesque rocks, farms, streams and villages. At the end of the day, you’ll be returned to the hotel.
Meals included: Breakfast
Note: To save time and avoid long queues, your guide may alter the attraction sequence.
Following breakfast at the hotel, a 30-minute drive will take you to Zhangjiajie Grand Canyon, a natural landform museum combining mountains, valleys, streams, cliffs and forests. Descend to the bottom of the canyon via the steep One Line Sky for a walk to Shenquan Lake, where you may have a chance to take a boat to appreciate the magical scenery from the water. One Line Sky is a narrow, steep path surrounded by cliffs from which the sky seems to become small. Enjoy the opportunity to touch the grand perpendicular cliffs and fantastic natural beauty of Zhangjiajie. For the adventurous, a walk on the transparent Glass Bridge may appeal. Hanging 300 meters above the ground with a transparent glass bottom, the bridge provides tourists with the thrilling feeling of walking in the sky, at the same time enabling them to overlook the steep cliffs, lush mountains and clear waters of the Grand Canyon.
Meals included: Breakfast
Note: For tourists who fear heights, the Glass Bridge walk is not recommended.
After breakfast today, your tour will take you to the precipitous Tianmen Mountain. Be prepared for an intense, breathtaking experience taking the world’s longest cable car to the mountain top and walking the glass Sky Walk 1430 meters above the ground. An escalator built through the mountain leads to Tianmen Cave, a naturally formed hole in the mountain. It is an ideal place to take photos of the stunning natural landscape and the 999 steps leading to the foot of the cave. Continue on the escalator to reach the resting area below, where the shuttle bus will take you to the parking lot. At the end of the day you will be transferred to the airport or the train station for your next destination. Your memorable tour of Zhangjiajie concludes.
Meals included: Breakfast
Notes for this tour:
Note: Should you prefer, your guide can arrange an alternate travel route – reaching the mountain top by shuttle bus and descending by cable car.
Tips: Difficulty: Grand Canyon is a challenge for seniors and the young. An alternative of Golden Whip Stream and Baofeng Lake are suggested instead.
Dress code: Smart casual and comfortable walking shoes are recommended.
Walking: This tour includes a moderate amount of walking, offset by the cable car and shuttle bus.
Season to avoid: summer vacation from July to August, national holiday from October 1-7.
Useful items: Sun protection is needed in summer and umbrellas are suggested in spring.
Unscheduled changes or restrictions imposed by the Zhangjiajie Local Management Center. The itinerary may result in adjustments to the itinerary. The guide will advise of these changes as soon as they become available.
Inclusions / Exclusions
- Admission fees: to sightseeing spots & activities specified.
- Activities specified in the itinerary.
- Excellent professional English-speaking guide.
- Ground transport in an air-conditioned vehicle with licensed driver as specified.
- Accommodation: 4-star or 5-star hotels with breakfast based on double/twin occupancy as specified.
- Cable car rides, Sky Walk and Bailong elevator.
- Travel Agency Liability Insurance during the tour.
- Government taxes & fees.
- International/domestic flights and trains to/from Zhangjiajie.
- China visa.
- Gratuities to guides and drivers and any expense of personal nature.
- Meals: Lunches and dinners are excluded allowing you flexibility around meal choices. Your guide will make recommendations and order for you, if required.
- Our tour package does not include travel insurance. Please purchase travel insurance before your trip to provide for any unforeseen circumstances.
- This is a private tour for your group of family or friends. No other travelers will join you. It’s always available for your schedule.
- Smart casual dress and comfortable walking shoes are recommended.
- Prices based on twin occupancy.
- The prices shown above are not valid during China’s Official Holidays (such as National Day and Chinese Spring Festival etc.).