Welcome to an adventure that takes in some of China’s most picturesque natural scenery in and around Yangshuo using Guilin as your launchpad. Commence your tour in Guilin, a destination famous for its iconic karst limestone formations. You’ll gain an up-close experience as you enjoy a relaxing half day Li River cruise, which offers the front row seats to views that have inspired peasants, painters, and philosophers for centuries. Arrive in Yangshuo, a small rural town that offers a total change of pace from China’s big cities. Expect a relaxed vibe as you wander through West Street and then scale Xianggong Mountain outside of the village. What awaits you here are more incredible views of the best nature has to offer. You’ll feel compelled to capture travel memories at every point. On your final day, cycle through the Yulong River Scenic Area, arguably the highlight of the entire tour. With a chance to truly appreciate the natural beauty of China, this tour includes all accommodation, transfers, an enthusiastic local guide, daily breakfasts, and can be coordinated with other private, small group or custom China tours. Why wait when you can book it now?
|Vehicle||Air-conditioned vehicle with licensed driver|
|Guide Service & Language||Professional English-speaking guide|
A warm welcome awaits you in Guilin when your guide greets you at the airport baggage claim area or the train station. Sit back and enjoy the drive to your hotel located in the heart of Guilin, a city with a reputation for being one home to one of China’s most iconic natural landscapes. As a genuine local, your guide will share a brief history of the city, including key points of interest along the way. After check in, take time to enjoy the rest of the day, wandering around in the precinct close to the hotel or relaxing in the hotel itself.
Meals included: None
Notes: Remember your guide is the perfect local expert on where to eat and what to see in your free time, including making recommendations and bookings for dining, if required. Guilin offers many unique experiences and we’re happy to share our insider tips for making beautiful travel memories in this unique destination in China. You only need to ask!
Check out from your hotel this morning and prepare yourself for a relaxing half day river cruise that departs from Mopanshan Pier. The Li River has inspired poets, philosphers, scholars, and peasants with its remarkable karst landscape. Meader past these unique limestone formations that conjure up images of China from a bygone era. There will be ample opportunities for photos as you cruise to Yangshuo, with fascinating landscape on either side: rolling hills, steep cliffs, murmuring springs, leisure boats and lined bamboos.
Your Li River cruise ends in Yangshuo, a town with an ethnic culture reaching back 1400 years. There is much to absorb in the amazing scenery and the blend of local and western cultures in West Street with its vibrant shops and restaurants. Here you can dine with the locals and sample the local favourite, beer fish!
After enjoying local life in Yangshuo, you will be transferred to your hotel for check in. Later in the afternoon, enjoy the drive to Xianggong Mountain with a light hiking tour of around 20 minutes to reach the top. Savor the panorama of the Li River from this height. There may even be an opportunity to appreciate a glorious sunset if weather permits.
Meals included: Breakfast and Lunch
Note: Although lunch is included in the Li River cruise ticket, your local guide can help you arrange an alternative before boarding the boat.
Enjoy a hearty breakfast and then join your guide for a easygoing bicycle tour through the Yulong River Scenic Area, one of China’s most picturesque locations. Travel along country paths, see local farmers at work, and discover traditional buildings and sights along the way. There is much to appreciate as you absorb the natural beauty of this rural view with mountains as the backdrop. In the early afternoon, you’ll be driven back to the train station or airport in Guilin for travel to your next destination.
Meals included: Breakfast
Note: If you would like to continuing making beautiful travel memories isn China, please let us know. Our expert travel consultants can assist with travel bookings and arrangements, including the purchase of train tickets and other tours. We offer custom, private and small group tours, with opt in and out flexibility. And we take care of every detail, so there’s no need to worry about a thing.
Inclusions / Exclusions
- Admission fees: to sightseeing spots and activities specified
- Activities specified in the itinerary
- Excellent professional English-speaking guide
- Ground transport in air-conditioned vehicle with licensed driver as specified
- Accommodation: 4-Star or 5-Star hotel with breakfast, based on double/twin occupancy as specified
- Boat trip on the Li River including lunch and bicycle rent in Yangshuo
- Travel agency liability insurance during the tour
- Government taxes and fees.
- International/domestic flights and trains to/from Guilin
- China visa
- Gratuities to guides and drivers and any expense of personal nature
- Meals: With the exception of lunch on the Li River cruise, lunches and dinner are excluded allowing you to flexibility around meal choices. Your guide will make recommendations and order for you, if required.
- Our tour package does not include travel insurance. Please purchase travel insurance before your trip to provide for any unforeseen circumstances.
- This is a private tour for your group of family or friends. No other travelers will join you. It’s always available for your schedule.
- Smart casual dress and comfortable walking shoes are recommended.
- Prices based on twin occupancy.
- The prices shown above are not valid during China’s Official Holidays (such as National Day and Chinese Spring Festival etc.).