Discover the way ancient and modern Chinese history blend and meld with natural and architectural wonders in Shaanxi. Launch your tour from Xi’an and enjoy a road trip to Yichuan in airconditioned comfort. On route, stop and take in the Yellow Emperor’s Mauseleum and learn why this site carries such cultural significance for so many, even today. Move on to the Hukou Waterfall, the most spectacular – and only yellow – waterfall in the world. Appreciate its grandeur and capitalize on the unique photo opportunities provided by this one of a kind natural wonder. Overnight in close proximity to the Hukou Waterfall Scenic Spot, then spend the morning visiting Yan’an, considered the birthplace of Chinese Communism and once the heartbeat of modern China. A stop at both the Zaoyuan and Yangjialing Revolution Headquarters and time spent with a local family over lunch provides insights to everyday life in China. With an English speaking guide to accompany you, you’ll have access to local, hands on knowledge that will make for a truly memorable travel experience. Want to pair this with other tours? No problem. Let’s customize a tour that’s perfect for you. Book now.
|Vehicle||Air-conditioned vehicle with licensed driver|
|Guide Service & Language||Professional English-speaking guide|
In the morning of day one of this tour, you will be collected from your hotel in Xi’an, with the pick up time confirmed in advance by the guide. Leave the bustle of big city Xi’an and relax on the five hour drive to Yichuan Hukou Waterfall. On route, there will be time for a short stop at the Mausoleum of Yellow Emperor, the site at which the famous Yellow Emperor is said to have ascended to heaven. Here you will learn about the significance of the Yellow Emperor’s mauseleum for the unification of the Chinese Han population and that both royalty and peasants have traveled here to pay homage with sacrifices and offerings since 422 BC.
From here, the drive continues to Yichuan, where the spectacular Hukou Waterfall is found. Be amazed by the size, sight and colour of this naturally spectacular – and the largest yellow waterfall in the world. Your guide will assist with check to the hotel in close proximity to the Hukou Waterfall Scenic Spot, and then it’s time to take in the waterfall itself. Should you be traveling during the winter months, expect a sight that makes the waterfall even more extraordinary. Frozen water tumbling down the rocks creates an unusual natural phenomenon. The magnificent views mean that photo opportunities abound. You will be returned to your hotel to relax for the evening.
Meals included: None
Note: While no meals are included in today’s itinerary, your guide is always available to assist with identifying suitable local dining options, including ordering meals, if required.
After breakfast in the morning, you will be greeted by your guide. The day’s exploring commences with a visit to the headquarters of the Chinese revolution in Yan’an, considered to be the birthplace of Chinese communism and modern China. A stop at both the Zaoyuan and Yangjialing Revolution Headquarters provides insights to China’s modern history as it emerged through the Communist Revolution.
From here, you’ll have the chance to experience daily life for a typical local Chinese family. Enjoy local food and customs with the family as you are served in the unusual architecture provided by the ancient caves. Reflect on this unique adventure before taking the bullet train for the two and a half hour return trip to Xi’an. On arrival in Xi’an, a guide will drive you to your hotel.
Meals included: Breakfast + Lunch
Inclusions / Exclusions
- Admission fees: to sightseeing spots and activities specified
- Activities as specified in the itinerary
- Excellent professional English-speaking guide
- Ground transport in an air-conditioned vehicle with licensed driver as specified
- 4-Star hotel accommodation with breakfast, based on double/twin occupancy as specified
- Bullet train of Yan’an/Xi’an (first class seat for Luxury tour, second class seat for Superior tour)
- Battery car in Huangdi Mausoleum Scenic Area
- Travel agency liability insurance during the tour
- Government taxes and fees.
- International/domestic flights and trains to/from Xi’an
- China visa
- Gratuities to guides and drivers and any expense of personal nature
- Meals: Lunches and dinners are excluded allowing you flexibility around meal choices. Your guide will make recommendations and order for you, if required
- Our tour package does not include travel insurance. Please purchase travel insurance before your trip to protect for any unforeseen circumstances.
- This is a private tour for your group of family or friends. No other travelers will join you. It’s always available for your schedule!
- Smart casual dress and comfortable walking shoes are recommended.
- Prices based on twin occupancy.
- The prices shown above are not valid during China’s Official Holidays (such as National Day and Chinese Spring Festival etc.).